Storms of Change, Part 3

Verbatim

Explorer
Dunathar looked out across the valley below them, glad to see that this door was nothing more than another watch station for the Hextorites.

Turning around to look at Rowyn, Dunathar could understand her feeling impatient, but hoped it would not lead the bard into forgetting that the Hextorites would be even more dangerous now that they knew their attackers might be returning.

"We will head for the trapped hallway, stopping only if the Hextorites have barricaded their passageways."

With that, Dunathar turned from the others and began making his way down the hallways, keeping his eyes open for traps as he did so.

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Filbert responds to Dunathar. "What about the u..upper part ? I mean, the place from where some guards came out to meet your prisonner ... The ones Mirena fought off. Maybe we should check it out before going down again. We have no rear guard this time."

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn looks from Dunathar to Bert. "Whatever we do, we must be methodical and certain we do not leave anything behind us. It would be . . . disastrous to be caught between two enemy forces." To say the least. This is truly nasty business. Ah, to be home again. A memory of her children and husband in a time of peace, before the talk of war and leaving the burrows, surfaces in her mind and she sighs softly.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
(ooc: I thought when the group turned to the right, that meant we had walked up the passage and it led to a door at the end. Was I wrong in that?)

Seeing the concern in his companions faces, Dunathar looked to the stoic face of Zanock.

"I'm thinking that he is more than enough of a rear guard for us, at least for the numbers I think are still holed up in here."

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn considers Zanock as well and a slight smile graces her face as she nods to the warrior. "I'm sure you are at that," she murmurs.

[I'm pretty much lost. Unfortunately, Rowyn should not be, but I don't have the time right now to go through the rest of the threads to figure out where we are and should be.]

silentspace

First Post
Pausing for a moment to collect their thoughts, the party thinks back to the night before, when Manzanita questioned the prisoner. When Manzanita offered to spare his life and release him with equipment, he did not look too thrilled at the thought, glancing nervously around at the darkness. Nonetheless, he talked.

According to the half-orc, there was only one room up the mountain, the lookout room the party is in now. The half-orc seemed to have trouble with counting, but he thinks there are six more of his compatriots left. These were on guard duty, beyond the corridor with the spikes. The spikes in the ceiling of the corridor are a portcullis, but he's never seen them used. He knows that if the fort is discovered, he's supposed to move behind the portcullis, towards the barracks area (the area you explored). He doesn't know where the winch controlling the portcullis is. The main entrance is past the snake pit. The wall beyond the snake pit is not natural (rock, earth and shrubs), but is a moveable wall. The wall can be moved aside and a bridge installed over the snake pit. Beyond the false wall are two large chambers before the corridor with the portcullis. From the main entrance, the first chamber is a guard post, and the second chamber is filled with crates.

silentspace

First Post
Not sure whether to take the half-orc's word or not, the party heads back down the winding passageway, with Zanock bringing up the rear.

The door at the bottom of the passageway is also locked, but Dunathar opens it easily. Moving across the room, Dunathar finds the door to the wide hallway is also locked. Finding nothing amiss with the door, Dunathar carefully picks the lock. As Dunathar opens the door, he notices the corridor is lit by torch light. It is the only corridor that has been lit so far. Opening the door all the way, he sees that his first impression was wrong. The corridor is not lit, but only the section of corridor next to the door. Just as he's beginning to step through the door, there is a the swishing sound of arrows being fired. One hits the wall next to the door, and the other hits Dunathar. [Dunathar takes 6 damage]

Initiative
Devan
Filbert
Rowyn
Dunathar
Zanock
Alyssa
Manzanita
Mirena

Attachments

• 2nd incursion.jpg
    2nd incursion.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 82

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn jumps, startled, then rushes to Dunathar's side (assuming that wouldn't put her through the doorway) [and assuming that she can get through the crowd :)]. "Are you okay?" she asks semi-rhetorically. "Does anyone have a cure potion?" She digs in her bag half-heartedly, knowing she used all of hers but hoping anyway.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

Manzanita will step somewhat towards the center of the room in order to see down the hallway better. Then she will cast her dancing lights spell, to create a pale humanoid figure made of yellow light, which quickly moves up the hallway towards where the archers shot, lighting a 20' radius circle as it moves down the hall.

Remove ads