D&D 5E Stormwreck Isle Starter Sets show up in the wild!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That would really suck if they did. I’d rather they made them more meaningful.
Well, the Strixhaven Backgrounds still have some fluff bits, but they just aren't as systematic.

If they've found that people dongenerslly use Inspiration and those fields, then it makes sense to walk away from them. Honestly, theybeen a favorite of mine in practice, but such is life.

Well, the Strixhaven Backgrounds still have some fluff bits, but they just aren't as systematic.

If they've found that people dongenerslly use Inspiration and those fields, then it makes sense to walk away from them. Honestly, theybeen a favorite of mine in practice, but such is life.
It kind of tries to twists people's arms to role-play, and hence promotes a certain style of play. Some people just want to kill monsters!

Personally, I find those traits more useful for NPCs.

Alby87

Adventurer
Remember that those are starter set character sheets, they have also to contain level up informations. I don't think traits and inspiration will go in 2024.

The real change I would have love to see is a better equipment box, with space for encumbrance for item and a checkbox space for attunement.

That would really suck if they did. I’d rather they made them more meaningful.
I like to fill them in when I play (although I often take from other backgrounds and not so often just make stuff up) but when I DM i never pay attention to it. In fact I had to ask my players a few months ago who did and who did not fill that part out, and 2 players got mad because "You don't know I have that filled out every time" and "In almost 10 years it never mattered and I never did I don't want to start now"

delericho

Legend
I like to fill them in when I play (although I often take from other backgrounds and not so often just make stuff up) but when I DM i never pay attention to it. In fact I had to ask my players a few months ago who did and who did not fill that part out, and 2 players got mad because "You don't know I have that filled out every time" and "In almost 10 years it never mattered and I never did I don't want to start now"
I drew up a character sheet for my own use a few years ago, and one of the changes I made was to remove those boxes and instead have a general "roleplaying" box on the second page. Players could then write whatever they wanted in there - traits/ideal/bond/flaw, alignment, some general notes, or indeed nothing at all.

As DM, I pay no attention at all to the content of that box. After our first couple of campaigns it became apparent that I never remembered to award Inspiration, so we've just replaced it with a general 1/level reroll token.

I drew up a character sheet for my own use a few years ago, and one of the changes I made was to remove those boxes and instead have a general "roleplaying" box on the second page. Players could then write whatever they wanted in there - traits/ideal/bond/flaw, alignment, some general notes, or indeed nothing at all.

As DM, I pay no attention at all to the content of that box. After our first couple of campaigns it became apparent that I never remembered to award Inspiration, so we've just replaced it with a general 1/level reroll token.
i wish Roll20 had your character sheet I would load it for most campagins (I actually wish I wasn't too dumb to make my own)

Remove ads