Storn's art for swipin'!

RedWick

First Post
Storn said:
This weekend is publicity for Actionopolis at the Motor City Con.

*laughs*

I think I'm sitting right across from you at the con! We're the table/stall thingy with all of the dragon drawings!

Storn

Explorer
RedWick said:
*laughs*

I think I'm sitting right across from you at the con! We're the table/stall thingy with all of the dragon drawings!

Hey, those dragon drawings are real classy!!! Nice stuff!

RedWick

First Post
Thanks! My dad's the true artist. I just do the colors. Your stuff isn't half-bad either! ;-)

I'd've gone over and said hi, but well...
"Hi! I don't know you but I lurk on a web forum that you frequent!"
Just sounds, y'know, creepy.

I heard what you guys were doing over there and I really like the whole premise that you're working on. Getting kids to read through comics is a very admirable goal (plus, it is a market, as was pointed out by one of your compatriots, which has been fairly neglected).

Storn

Explorer
RedWick said:
Thanks! My dad's the true artist. I just do the colors. Your stuff isn't half-bad either! ;-)

I'd've gone over and said hi, but well...
"Hi! I don't know you but I lurk on a web forum that you frequent!"
Just sounds, y'know, creepy.

I heard what you guys were doing over there and I really like the whole premise that you're working on. Getting kids to read through comics is a very admirable goal (plus, it is a market, as was pointed out by one of your compatriots, which has been fairly neglected).

Well... I woulda understood... its that kinda world now. In fact, I met some guys at MCC that do a podcast called Fistful of Comics and Games. Never met them before, but I had been listening to them for the last month or so. Had a couple of forum conversations with them. It was a blast to meet them in person.

Actionopolis is actually doing illustrated novels, not comic books. If it is a gateway to comics, that is icing... but hopefully at the bottom line, kids will want to read.

Storn

Explorer
Well, lets post some more stuff up:

Here is a sketch done at the Detroit Institute of Art Museum of a bust of Duke Coismo, a contemporary of the Medici's. I think its appropriate for certain patrician d20 NPCs.
DukeCoismo.jpg

Artwork for a star wars commission.

DarrloRes.jpg

And here is a rare commission for me, a chance to do a spaceship

2ndChloRes.jpg

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That ship is great. It's interesting to see your range; the bust is very different to my eyes than some of your other work. I like how you captured the feel of the man.

Storn

Explorer
Piratecat said:
That ship is great. It's interesting to see your range; the bust is very different to my eyes than some of your other work. I like how you captured the feel of the man.

Well, drawing from something that is truly in front of you always shifts my style towards the more "natural". It is very different. I agree. Good eyes!!! <g>

Okay, this guy didn't get a title from ChadR. Or I had forgotten it (more likely). But he asked for a hydrokinetic, namor-like who dresses like a romance novel character, complete with open chest and "I'm so sexy" grin. ChadR did ask for buccaneer like boots, but I couldn't make them work with the water... it looked too clunky.... so I made him barefoot. I hope you can forgive me, Chad.

AquaguyloRes.jpg

Remove ads