• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storyline Announcement - The Game

Xerneth Karjen

First Post
This has been announced elsewhere, but now it's both under way and ready to be posted directly to the ISRP community.

The Game
(Title courtesy of the words of Bhryn. ;))

A strange note has been impaled to the tackboard in the Crossroads with an engraved scalpel.

A cloaked individual has been delivering bizarre gifts in the evening hours.

Roughly three years have passed since the previous sighting of the one responsible, and now he's taken matters into his own hands. What could lurk within his twisted mind?

What you need to know
The Game will be a storyline mainly composed of verbal interactions in its early stages, progressing to more obvious confrontations in the later. It will center around the characters involved in the threads listed below (pending player availability/interest, of course), and expand to include those connected to those characters (again, pending player availability/interest).

I intend to divide the storyline into several small episodes, both in the chats, and on message boards. This way, semi-active, or largely inactive players from the original storyline will be able to put in some small involvement if they so choose.

Now, due to the notoriety of some of the characters involved in that storyline, this is essentially going to be an open plot. Characters not involved with this timeline that are interested should enquire about their possible roles in this here or via email (simply click on the screen name) (or over MSN, if you already know me). Priority attention will focus on returning characters at first, since the cloaked man will have more plans for them to begin with.

Reference material: Keep in mind, not everyone is going to remember the events that surrounded the previous plotline. Threads are listed in chronological order.
Taken
The Rescue
Dark Machinations
A note impaled by a scalpel. . .

Last edited:

Bhryn

First Post
... ¬_¬ I only called it 'The Game' because it seemed fitting.

Anything Xerneth plays is going to beat all other games hands down. Apart from Twister, where hands down is the point... :p

Xerneth Karjen

First Post
Bhryn said:
... ¬_¬ I only called it 'The Game' because it seemed fitting.

Anything Xerneth plays is going to beat all other games hands down. Apart from Twister, where hands down is the point... :p
Ok, then give some of your credit to Motorhead. :p I've been listening to their song of the same title for roughly eight of the last 12 hours I've been awake.

And yes, this game will be rather... unusual.

Chelyrra Eredyn

First Post
Still a good name for it. ;-)

A piece of the background puzzle for those newish to ISRP. There exists (yes, still!) a drow house called "Sril've Cress" or "the Shimmering Web". Members wear a ring inscribed with a silver spider web. This was a house formed by refugees, misfits, revolutionaries, etc. Most are from Faerun. Not all are drow. Male and female are treated equally. The main membership requirement is unfailing house loyalty and as a side condition, a willingness to accept the others that are in the house.

The two members most likely to be seen on ISRP are Lana Dune and Chelyrra Eredyn. Both were accepted into the house fairly recently in drow terms, in the last 2-3 years, and count as minor house nobles. Re'shak Delanier, a rather nasty drow vampire, who is the elite forces trainer and former weapons master of the house, is very occasionally around.

Two of those originally taken were from Sril've Cress: Re'shak, and Sev'anar Dirasol, the house "ilharn", or male leader.

Two of those going on the rescue were from Sril've Cress: Rymdael Zylkyr, a high cleric of the House, and Lilyanna Rose, a half-drow.

Therefore, the House is very interested in the revival of these matters. ;-)

Xerneth Karjen

First Post
Chelyrra Eredyn said:
Therefore, the House is very interested in the revival of these matters. ;-)
Hehe, indeed, as I had hoped. ;)

Some of the other nasties from the House will be making a return for this as well, though I suspect that their role will be mostly boards based. I'm also hoping to bring the others back when they can make it (sending those emails out now, actually). It would be good to have the whole crew back together again, even if only for a short time.

Enelya said:
This is the Chess Game again?
Not exactly. Xerneth's games will be slightly different than the one that Malek played, but there will be some similarities (going after those valued by intended victims, playing on the emotions of those involved), and of course, there will eventually be the hunt when the plot nears completion. Much like before, this will encompass all types of characters, at all levels of power and all sorts of moral and ethical fibers. He -might- be a bit more vicious than Malek was, and his focus is in a different place than the previous games, so things will likely pan out differently.

For now, all that I can say openly is that he's out for revenge on those involved in what took place three years ago. Of course, being the equal-opportunity psychopath that he is, Xerneth won't limit his focus to such a narrow group without deviation, and he has to replace those who aren't available, right? ;)

Xerneth is a highly intelligent, highly insightful, and highly deranged character, so the revenge ploys should have enough twists to keep things fresh. I'll also say now that he's working his way from the more heroic, benevolent types down toward the more malign and evil end of the spectrum.

Tya_Lanai

First Post
hi, I'd be interested in being a part of the storyline. I've more been floating in and out of Isrp lately and need something to ground me :)

*agrees with Tya_Lanai* Yes, same with me, though every night I am in fact on ISRP, just sitting in the lounge and wanting something to do, so I wouldn't mind getting involved either :)...

Xerneth Karjen

First Post
Main things that I'll need to know:
  • What role you would like to play in this scenario, be it ally to the villain (I might need a few of these, but Xerneth is very selective about who he works alongside), possible target (lots of psychological warfare headed your way here), obstacle/victim (get in the way of what he has in store for the targets, more likely to get less... pleasant attention from Xerneth and company), or any other form of interaction you might have in mind.
  • Any existing connections to the characters involved in the previously mentioned plotlines. Not a necessity, but it would make adding characters at integral levels much easier for me. Characters without connections might have to be relegated to obstacle classification to start with.
  • Most importantly: What sort of character you want to bring to the table. ;)

Once I have this information (again, here, or via email - email will probably be a quicker response time in all honesty), I can see about working you in. :)

Alana

First Post
Hmm... I really haven't done much with Ryldra in a long while. Anyplace for a bit of a confused and out of place drow chick?

Remove ads