• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Tonks

First Post
Glancing up at the elf, Lenuran wondered if he had said something that seemed too obvious to the elf, or if he was simply anxious to be off and moving instead of forming a solid plan.

"I have been asked to advise and offer aide where I can on the matter at hand, but the decision ultimately belongs to all of you on the course to take. For better or worse, my role is to record the events as they transpire, potentially for better or worse."

Placing his hands in the pocket of his vest, Lenuran looked across the road to the druid's grove, but knew that now was not the time to splinter the group further.

'Perhaps tonight I will go...'

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid cocks and eyebrow at the bored elf as his rolls a dagger up his sleeve and then down again. "And here I thought elves were the ones who took things slow!" the boy says with a grin. "I still say we at least talk briefly with Elmo, just to establish that we're in the area and what we are doing immediately---taking care of some monsters the 'Master Bard' heard of. That why it'll allay his suspcisions and give us a chance for him to slip something."

Kafkonia

First Post
"Most elves do takes things slowly," Llewellyn replies to the Kid. "And they die, leaving tasks unfinished and goals unattained."

He exhales sharply and falls silent, turning slightly from the group.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn

"I still be for lopping the heads of a few hobgobs, but if ye think it be best to speak to the local sheriff about it, so be it." Looking out the window at the brightening morning, the dwarf quickly adds to his statement. "We should be quick about it, otherwise the day will be sure to pass us by afore we make up our minds."

stonegod

With everyone else seemingly in agreement, reluctant or otherwise, the Kid follows them towards the sheriff. He stays in the back, fiddling with a spare knife; he's no talker, after all.

Morning.

You pass the stone bridge to the north, singing can be heard from the worshipers for the rising of the sun and the softness of light as you pass the Temple of Pelor, on the opposite side of the street Elves and Halflings pay tribute in the small wooden temple of Ehlonna, the doors made of many small leafs who acts like a curtain and are open to welcome everyone, a massive Oak tree stands in the middle of the temple, his broad trunk holds the wooden roof and the treetop covers all in a relaxing shade. A golden haired Half-elven woman stands outside and smiles to those who come.
The massive iron bells of St. Cuthbert's church rings loudly to greet the morning and call the worshipers, sending flock of pigeons from the roof to the sky in panick.
To the north you see the road you came from, to the west lies another road that turns in the end to another part of the town, stands and stools waiting empty for the owners to return from morning prayers and fill them with goods.
Two buildings north of the temples, you spot a green roofed cottage on the right, Elmo, hands on his potbelly, sitting outside on a rocking chair and greet those who pass from and to the temples, he then stands and make his way to the church.

Tonks

First Post
Falling in behind the others, Lenuran follows them towards Otis' residence. While he is unsure if approaching him now is the best course, especially with their mission so soon beginning, the decision was not his to make. When the stocky man entered the dwelling, Lenuran followed and bowed his head in respect to the watchful gaze of Cuthbert.

Church of Saint Cuthbert

Passing beneath a decorative marble archway, every worshiper say the words that carves within "Chaos and Evil prevail where good folk do nothing".
A tall and well built cleric stands in the entrance and greet those who come in, Lenuran recognize him as Calmer, the cleric was here 9 years ago and apparently, he is still here, serving the Saint god and the Canoness Y'dey.
The halls of the cudgel's church are impressive, a series of stone archways leads to a decorative marble altar, on the altar you can spot a verse "Obstinacy brings lumps to the heads of the unfaithful", tapestries representing the god's deeds, featuring his glory and might hangs on the walls.
Elmo takes a sit in front and chit chat with the town's folk, after a few seconds Calmer starts the short ceremony, when all is done, the people leave.

You can speak to Elmo.
Korbryn – Tragge told you that Clamer is a good friend on Spugnoir, the missing wizard.

stonegod

If possible, the Kid fidgets even more while waiting for the congregation to leave the Church. He refuses to go inside, a bit uncomfortable with the Cuthbertite focus on what was "correct" over what was needed. They did anything for him as an orphan, so he didn't look to them for anything either.

As the sheriff finally emerges, the Kid looks around for Miltiades and gently nudges him in Elmo's directly. "I believe you were going to talk to him."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads