• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Voadam

Legend
Rhun said:
"I always be ready fer slaying a few hobgoblins. Perhaps we should also play friendly with the locals, though. A safe base of operations is surely a must."

"Agreed. It will be wise to establish our base first, then proceed to investigate these rumors of things amiss."

Ohh.. yes, this place is prosperous, it was once a small village, now as you can see it's a town, many visitors come from the gnomish colonies in the south to the Lands of Verbobonc and Veluna up north, passing through the town and leaving shining ones for the locals, Halfings and Elves travel from Celene to find their fortune in the human lands, so I can say this place is a success and welcoming,
Trouble? ... thanks to St. Cutberth it's a matter of the past.

Ostler takes a bite from the cheese and add
But now I'm old, I don't get out as much as before, my bones and my heart are weak so rumors and tales are the last thing I can tell you old friend
He says and drinks the fresh milk.
Elmo is the one knowing all the things in town and I guess Jaroo knows the surroundings.

[sblock=assumptions]
Elmo can be found at his house and Spugnoir's (the missing wizrd) store is in the north west of town
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
'He still dances the game well all the same.'

Savoring his last bite of the cheese, Lenuran felt that he could trust that Ostler would only tell Elmo the surface of the conversation should the sheriff inquire while the two of them shared a game of cards and a pint of ale.

"I do not know how long they will wish to stay in town, but I will mention to them your words. I had thought of visiting the grove before we departed, as Jaroo's place was very peaceful last time and with ten years to tend it, I imagine it is a true paradise now."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Voadam said:
"Agreed. It will be wise to establish our base first, then proceed to investigate these rumors of things amiss."
The Kid comes up just as the dwarf and priest are talking. He his casually rolling a dagger in his hand, and doesn't stop as he speaks. "Just to know, the odd gnome the master bard was concerned about has up a left. Don't want to be chasing shadows, but if he be an agent of the dark of some sort, we may have tipped off suspicions already." The boy casually tosses the dagger in the air where he plucks it out with the other. "So, we going to talk to the drunk law man today and then kill us some hobs or what?"

As you finish your morning meals you to set off, getting to know the city a little bit more is essential.
Edirion remarks as you ready yourselves and Lenuran ends his breakfast with the owner.
The buildings are mostly wooden, some are one story high but most are two story, the streets are clean and you spot chickens, roosters, gooses, cats and dogs wandering freely, the merchants open up the stores, stands and stalls for the by passers to see.
Wild flowers and soft grass growing in every niche they can pop up from, Poplar, Oak and Pine trees scattered all around the town, casting shades, serving as a resting places for the old and homes to many kinds of wild birds, insects and rodents.

Spugnoir's potion store is in the north west (#25), Elmo's office is not far from the inn, it lies next to Pelor's Temple (#2).
As for the Grove, home to Jaroo the druid, priest of the old faith – Lenuran spots the place, 200 ft. from the inn to the south east (#26).

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
As his companions prepared to depart the inn, Lenuran wanted to tell them what he felt he had learned from Ostler. While he might have been making something out of nothing, a trait that came from working for the crown for these ten years past, he felt he was oblidged to pass all things forward.

Seeing them gathered at the front of the inn, he approached with his pack and shouldered it as he neared them.

"Ostler no longer wishes to be part of the games of the city. While Hommlett is not the size of Greyhawk, in its own way the power structure mirrors it. Jaroo the Druid of the Grove and Elmo have established themselves as the voice of the common people. I still do not feel comfortable going to Elmo as he could slip when he has been in the cups, even if he would not mean to do so. I was not close to Jaroo, but druids are supposed to be the protectors of the balance and if the Temple is beginning to stir once more, I can think of nothing that would qualify more as such a threat. As always though, the choice in this matter is for you all too decide."

Voadam

Legend
"How much of a risk do you deem Elmo's tongue on matters of confidence? He is likely to be able to say if anything odd is worth investigating within the village, but we would need to confide in him to gain access to such evaluations I would think."

Tonks

First Post
Thinking on the situation, Lenuran knew that those he journeyed with were taking a huge risk if they sought to strike the perfect balance between taking what was needed without giving more than they were allowed.

"If you could gain his trust by doing something that appeared to be unrelated to our task then his confidence could be gained without forcing ourselves to tell the full truth. However too much assistance is just as likely to encourage his praise of those who appeared from the heavens. Perhaps this matter with the hobgoblins could allow us to strike two birds with the same arrow."

Kafkonia

First Post
"I thought I left all this endless natter behind when I left my fellow elves," Llewellyn remarks grimly. "But by all means, continue. If you speak long enough, we will no longer have to worry about our task -- or, I fear, anything."

[SBLOCK=OOC]That's not me talking, that's my PC. :)[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads