• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Tonks

First Post
After passing his message, Lenuran stands up and approaches Ostler's table. While he doubts the older man will recall him after all these years, he would not be rude to the man who treated him so warmly on his last visit.

It saddened him to see the years being unkind to Elmo as well, but one could not pay homage to Bracchus' vines and vices and escape the toll at the end of the day.

As he neared the table, Lenuran cleared his throat and spoke politely to those gathered.

"I hope I am not interuppting gentlemen."

Tonks said:
"I hope I am not interuppting gentlemen."
You enter into a private sided room, several lamps hangs from the ceiling, unlit fireplace curved into the stone wall, you don't remember this room and as you can understand, it was built long after the wooden inn was built, the humans sits around a table, silver goblets and a bottle of expensive wine lies on the table.
The gentlemen are engaged in a human card game of some sort, there are two guards that eye you sharply as you enter, estimating your size and power, they do nothing.
The two humans that you don't recognize eyes you, nods but say nothing, Elmo with his back to you, turns and frowns.
What do you wa..
It's OK Elmo.
Says Ostler and lay his hand on the captain's arm.
I'm old, I'm weak and my bones are not the same as they were 9 years ago, although I don't recall the name, I recall the face of the gnome I ate with and spoke with over many breakfasts and dinners.

Tonks

First Post
Smiling and nodding his head in greeting, Lenuran is pleasantly surprised that the older man remembered him.

"You do this simple scribe much honor Master Ostler. I do not wish to disrupt your game, but I did wish to pay my respects and to give you greetings while I had the chance."

Not wishing to speak in front of those he did not recognize, or one who might speak accidentily of things overheard, Lenuran glanced back to the strangers and quickly introduced himself.

"I will take my leave now Master Ostler, but perhaps we shall have a chance to speak again over breakfast."

Rhun

First Post
At the mention of the wizard's disappearance, Korbryn looks at Haunor. "This be the wizard ye work for, eh? Where do ye think he's gotten himself to? Be disappearances common in these parts?"

Tonks said:
"I will take my leave now Master Ostler, but perhaps we shall have a chance to speak again over breakfast."
Oh ... Right, Master Gnome Lenuran.
Says Ostler, the others nods again when you introduce yourself.
Yes, I'll meet you in the morning, I bid you farewell and good night sleep.

Rhun said:
At the mention of the wizard's disappearance, Korbryn looks at Haunor. "This be the wizard ye work for, eh? Where do ye think he's gotten himself to? Be disappearances common in these parts?"
I do not know
Replies the dwarf.
I just guard the place, it's been few days since I saw Master Spugnoir in the store but I noticed the worry on his daughter's face, maybe you should talk to her in the morning.
The store is located on the north-west part of town, the cleric Calmer is also a close friend of master Spugnoir.

He adds and take a sip from his ale.
But I'm not worry, it's a common sight seeing Master Spugnoir taking a bag, a staff and disappears for a day or two.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn nods reassuringly at Haunor's words. "The wizard has a bit of an adventurous streak, then. I'm sure he be fine, but mayhaps I will speak to his daughter."

Hommlet

Second Waterday, coldeven. 12/3/600

The party, music and flowing of ale continues into the late hours of night, mostly thanks to the bunch of Gnome merchants.
The nights turns to day, it was a cozy night, the smell of boiled eggs and tomatoes fill your nostrils from the main hall of the Inn, it's a new day, Pelor rose the sun and people are going to their business, several roosters calls from afar to greet everyone for a good morning, shouts from the outside indicating the merchants are ready to leave Hommlet.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid's head is a bit foggy, it always is in the morning, but he knows what he needs to do. He glances out the window to see whether that strange halfling or the odd gnome are out there with the merchants. Failing that, he will cautiously and silently poke around the common rooms to see where they might be.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn wakes from a most restful slumber. Though he had drank much during the course of the night, human ale rarely caused the dwarf any after-effects. Spryly climbing from the bed, the warrior spends the next half-hour practicing various fighting excercises, and then another half-hour ensuring that his arms and armor are cleaned, oiled and in tip-top condition.

This done, he calls for hot water for his morning ablutions, and quickly washes up. Then, donning his armor and clothing, and ensuring he is armed and prepared for any trouble that might find his way, he descends to his taproom, ready for a hearty breakfast to start the day.

Remove ads