Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Voadam

Legend
"I can prepare magics later to attempt to interrogate the dead if we preserve the heads. I think the leader and the half orc are worth doing so for."

Miltiades will make sure Korbryn gets a cure light wounds spell to deal with his battle injuries.

Looting the bodies

Miltiades cures Korbryn for 7 HP as the dwarf begins to collect ears, Miltiades finds this behavior most troubling and savage.

Checking the bodies Thandis, with the help of Ithiken's magical assistance find the following:
From the Half Orc they gather – Full plate, MW Great Axe, Light Crossbow, 10 bolts, 1 potion that smells like potion of healing (clw)
From the headless Gnoll leader they gather – magical studded leather armor, MW longsword, MW short sword, shortbow, 20 arrows, and magical brooch
On the Gnolls they find – battleaxes, nothing of importance.

OOC - Tell me what you want to save and what you leave and I'll write the items in the Loot post on the RG thread, if you take some of he treasure to yourselves just write them down in your sheets.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn, HP 36/42

Korbryn nods his thanks to Miltiades for the healing, and finishes his task with the bodies. He takes a quick look over the loot, but then shrugs and moves off. He takes up a guard position near the steps leading up into the moathouse interior.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid pokes through the belongings. "Anyone want any of this? Hey, mage, what type of magic is this brooch?" if no one claims anything, the Kid will place the plate, studded leather, and the masterwork weapons on Skirmish for reselling later. He'll keep a hold of the brooch as well until identified.

Lenuran - Gnome Historian

Let me have a look at this brooch.
Upon examining the brooch, Lenuran adds
"simple" magical brooch, it's not an evil natured, simply magical , probably stolen from a previous captive. But I'm most interested in finding other relics of the cult, like those we found earlier on the blanket.
He says and taps on the sack holding the relics.
We need to find the hidden chamber Spugnoir talked about, he also said there was another entrance to this place, a camouflaged one, somewhere among the reeds over there.
He points to the dense flora west of the ruined keep.
And don't forget the stairs where the dog man fled last time.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Looking over the equipment, Ithiken sighs inwardly as once again nothing is included that would suit his purposes. "It's always warriors, isn't it? Oh well."

He listens to the gnome speak on their options, and he nods once. "I say we check out that staircase down below. At least we know we can reach it without hinderance. I don't know how much of a pain it would be to go tromping through the reeds looking for some secret entrance."

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn, HP 36/42

"Then let us be on our way." Korbryn again draws his greatsword, and begins to move into the moathouse proper.

To the Dungeon ... once more

You enter once again to the ruined keep, leaving the horses out in the courtyard, now that you eliminated the threat up on the ground level, the horses can wait safely. Moving inside, the place seems quite, to the right to corridor leads to the slimy horror, to the left the corridor leads to the crumpled room, and straight forward and down are the stairs to the keep's dungeon. Peering down the stairs the human's eyes see utterly darkness, the dwarf sees the lines of the stairs and the walls.
Light? Ask Lenuran from the rear.

OOC - marching order please.

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn takes the lead, his heavy blade in hand, and his eyes and ears open for any signs of danger...or that something is different from their first time here.

OOC: I assume Korbryn will always be first, unless we are sending someone ahead to scout things out.

Remove ads