Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Kafkonia

First Post
"Mead."

Llewellyn turns from the barmaid without waiting for her response and walks over to join the Kid.

"You're bored," he says. "Or do you just wish to stab yourself?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Haven't done that yet. The stabbing, that is." The next is in a whisper to his companion. "Well, once, but the girl looking was mighty pretty. Anyway, may draw some people out." Louder then, "And, yes, I need something to occupy me. Can't keep still!"

Inn of the Welcome Wench

Vesta hurries to the barkeep to place the order, the old woman with the broom stops and goes to the kitchen to prepare Korbryn's pork chops.
A couple of minutes pass and the drinks arrive to the table.
This one is on the house.
She says and places a plate with cabbages and pickled cucumbers.
Now folks, if sleep you desire, we have fine clean rooms in the Welcome wench, a suite for two is available for three gold coins per night and there are common rooms with dozen bunks for 5 silver coins per night.
she turns to leave
...Oh, and if you order a room, stabling is free.

Voadam said:
"Good day and may peace be upon you sir."
He raises his glass again and smiles.
So, a band of adventurers I guess, what have you come to explore as there is nothing exciting in the area for ages.

One of the little figures gets up and limps to your table, looks like the repulsive Halfling suffered a disease in his past or it could be a birth defect.
With hesitation and slight stutter he turns to you.
I'mmm llllooking for mmmmy ppppparents, I ddddon't know hhhow they llllook like, they are in Hommmmlet ssssomewhere.
He stops and stares on some of you … or maybe he is just extremely strabismic, you realy can't tell.

[sblock=Prices]
Miltiades - Keoish golden wine 15 copper coins
Edirion - Table wine 8 copper coins.
Korbryn - Ale and pork chops 4 copper and 5 silver coins.
Llewellyn - Mead 1 silver.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
Edirion receives the halfling's gaze... but is a bit unnerved when the individual seems to see through him rather than at him.

He remains silent, sipping at the wine, and having some of the cabbage... after a silence, he can't help but ask "who are you?", with the usual impersonal tone he has adquired when speaking to strangers.

stonegod

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
He raises his glass again and smiles.
So, a band of adventurers I guess, what have you come to explore as there is nothing exciting in the area for ages.
The Kid shrugs, a neat trick while trying not to skewer oneself with a knife. "Keeping the scholar company," he said, indicating the gnome. "Looking into old tales, weird yarns, he is. I think he's writting a book. Anything to share?"

[OOC: Bluff as necissary]

One of the little figures gets up and limps to your table, looks like the repulsive Halfling suffered a disease in his past or it could be a birth defect.
With hesitation and slight stutter he turns to you.
I'mmm llllooking for mmmmy ppppparents, I ddddon't know hhhow they llllook like, they are in Hommmmlet ssssomewhere.
Land Outcast said:
He remains silent, sipping at the wine, and having some of the cabbage... after a silence, he can't help but ask "who are you?", with the usual impersonal tone he has adquired when speaking to strangers.
The Kid keeps his eye on the strange halfling and the gnome companion, waiting to see how the conversation turns out. He wonders at the motive of the halfling. [OOC: Sense Motive]

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn remains quiet, heartily eating away at his meal and puffing away on his pipes. Although appearing disinterested, he keeps his ears on the conversations, and his eyes continually survey the happenings in the room.

Land Outcast said:
"who are you?"
pppeople cccall me Questin and Himmble is the family nnnnname I invented to mmmmmyself as I dddddon't knnnnow my ppparents.
The gnome just keeps sitting at the table, looking in amusement as the Halfling talk to you.

Land Outcast said:
"Keeping the scholar company," he said, indicating the gnome. "Looking into old tales, weird yarns, he is. I think he's writting a book. Anything to share?"
Taking a short look at Lenuran the man replies
What kind of tales? As I Mr. Gastesh is a treasure-seeking adventure.

[sblock=sense motive]
The ugly Halfling seems to be honest.
[/sblock]

Land Outcast

Explorer
"no, no, not what's your name, who are you" Edirion thinks in a simpler way to put it... "who raised you?"

what the heck am I doing? I'll send him back to the gnome promptly...

Last edited:

stonegod

Taking a short look at Lenuran the man replies
What kind of tales? As I Mr. Gastesh is a treasure-seeking adventure.
"Hmm. If you are, and you are here, you might have heard something recently? Most treasures have a tale about them, or so the master bard is fond of saying."

Tonks

First Post
Coming in behind the others, Lenuran smiled as Ostler's daughter greeted them. While he was surprised that her father was not working during the slower times, the man was well into his summers and might have just wanted the day to rest.

After she had taken the orders of the others, Lenuran climbed atop an open stool by the bar and waited until her gaze fell upon him before speaking.

"It has been too long since I have dined under the Wench's gaze. I would like the chops as well, but would like even more to know how your father fares. I would take my meal with him if he would honor me with his company."

Remove ads