• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" CLOSED

Krag Farms

Thanee said:
“Greetings! Are you looking for food? We have food. And if you are willing to tell us what happened with the ones that came here six days ago, we might even give some of it to you. Just so. Sounds good?”

Oh… yes I'm.
he eyes Allyra with a sharp look
The ones that came here fled to the mountains, leaving their dead to the mercy of the river, those arrogant knights got what they deserved …
He looks at Keldar and laugh
We can do it nicely or in the hard way …
He says and stands, his pale body looks twisted.
If you want to pass leave me something to eat, I had enough with rats … but not this one.
he points a distorted finger towards Gorash
The old ones is quite disgusting.

Disgusting?! take a look at you foul creature
Replies Gorash
It's been a while since my sword tastes one of your kind.

The albino Goblin ignores the Grumpy dwarf and waits for your answer, but keeps standing behind the remains of the ruined symbol.

Something is not right
Maor Whispers and looks around nervously.

[sblock=Keldar's sense motive] There is indefinitely something weird with that Goblin. [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“That sounds like a decent way of handling things. We will leave some food, proceed on our way, and won't disturb you and your friends* any longer.”

In a very low voice, Allyra says to the others: “Of course, something is wrong here. He even might have some friends in the vincinity, and I don't really want to know what kind of creatures want to be friends with this one.”

[SBLOCK]* pure guess :p[/SBLOCK]

wmasters

First Post
"Fear not my friend" Turo says to the goblin, "I can provide plenty enough food for us all."

Turo will use his Detect Evil on him; if he proves not to be evil he will offer him food enough for 2 days from his Create Food and Water spell.

OOC - Sorry, I misunderstood for my previous post, and thought we were at the end of the day and setting up camp with Turo casting Create Food and Water. I've edited that so that Turo cast the spell as they approached the deserted village.

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh talks to the goblin "If you want, we can give you this horse, for riding... or eating."
He points Allyra's summoned horse, he also wink his eye to Gorash.

"But I am curious, what happened to those arrogant knights?"
Then he whispers to his raven "Kuzgun, check the area."

Ohh… That's great, you will leave me some food …
He replies to Allyra.
just pick one and the other may proceed safely to the other side.
Hey …

He suddenly frowns as he sees Turo's mumbles and gestures, he takes a quick glance as Kuzgun flies into the air.
What are you doing sneaky human?
He calls to Atesh angrily
What happened to the knights?
He asks and lower himself
You should find soon …
He says and disappears behind the other side of the roof.

Growls can be heard from several places around, 5 pairs of yellowish eyes pierce the darkness, 5 black wolves can be seen.
The loosely church's door falls with a loud noise.
Mother of all gods, help us!
Says Gorash as he unleash his crossbow, a walking corpse smash down the door and step out from the ruined temple, it's looks like a rotting corpse of an ogre, a similar sight comes from the rounded building that's standing behind you, a dead ogre, infested with maggots and flies dragging his partial eaten body at your direction.

Init please.

[sblock=Turo's Detect Evil]
A wave of Evil thought flows and spread from this creature, but you sense that evil is radiating in a weaker form from all around you.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map Key]
D – Gorash the dwarf
M – Maor
A – Athesh
L – Allyra
G – Garon
K – Keldar
T – Toru
OZM – Ogre Zombie
W – Wolf
The goblin is no where to be seen.
Blue circle – fountain.
Green circles – Fir trees.
[/sblock]

wmasters

First Post
Turo's initiative = 2

"Oh dear..." mutters Turo as he dismounts from Bruko. Bruko will 5ft if necessary to a position where he can cast without being threatened, and will cast Spiritual Weapon extended with his lesser metamagic rod for a 12 round duration.

If there is no position to cast without being threatened he will cast on the defensive, Concentration check = 18 (only just enough!)

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I think he has a different idea of food than we do, and I sure knew I wouldn't want to meet his 'friends'...” Allyra says as she spurs her horse and dashes forward, avoiding any creatures in her path, while she concentrates on casting a spell to protect her in the upcoming confrontation.

OOC: Initiative 19; Ride 13 to N2; Casting extended Invisibility, Concentration 25.

Last edited:

devrimk

First Post
Atesh Yakhar, Baklunish Sorcerer

Atesh says to goblin"Don't bite off more than you can chew."
[sblock=OCC]
Initiative 15
Atesh rides his horse to Q26.
Atesh casts web, he wants to catch wolf in G19 and Ogre in J23. (Especially ogre) DC:16
[/sblock]

Saracor

Explorer
"Foul creatures!" Garon exclaims as he dismounts from his horse, draws his sword and heads for the nearest ogre to block it's path to the rest of the party. Attempting to dodge its attacks, he strikes at it with his sword!

OOC:
[sblock]
Initiative: Rolls a 9

Garon fast dismounts Ride check of 20 and moves over to K15, taking the AOO.

He will then swing at the Ogre with his sword getting a 30 on his roll doing 14 points of damage to the undead ogre.

If the ogre moves first then he will move to intercept and swing the same, taking whatever AOOs are necessary from the ogre. He will try to avoid the wolves if possible but will swing at one of them if he cannot get to the ogre.

[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"I got your back, Garon" Keldar says, as he directs his horse (with his knees) to square O-17. This should put him within striking distance of the R-15 wolf with his spiked chain.

OCC: Initiative (+3):10
Attack/dmg on O-17 wolf (+10/2d4+7):+21/+15
Ride check (+3) for fast guiding with knees (DC=5):+13 (success!)

Please keep in mind that Keldar gets 4 AoO per round (from combat reflexes), so if the wolves move in, they'll also be denied their dex modifier and get an extra 2d6 sneak damage for a total of +10 attack, 1d4+2d6+7 damage.

Also, Keldar has uncanny dodge and evasion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads