• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Yup.
Steve Gorak, No flanking with range attack, but -4 because you fire into melee,
Unless you got the appropriate feat.

Sorry, I'm catching up with the messages on this thread.
By flanking, I meant sneak attack. These work with ranged attacks:
From the SRD Rogue class description:"Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet. ".

Cheers,

SG

Thanee

First Post
Yep, they do (within 30 feet). :)

However, you need to either flank (only in melee) or have the target's Dex to AC denied (flat-footed, invisibility, or something).

In the middle of a combat (means after round 1), it's usually quite hard to get sneak attack damage on ranged attacks without magical assistance (like aforementioned invisibility).

That's why a ring of blinking (allows you to attack as if with invisibility) is great for ranged attacking rogues, or rogues in general for that matter. :)

Bye
Thanee

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Yep, they do (within 30 feet). :)

However, you need to either flank (only in melee) or have the target's Dex to AC denied (flat-footed, invisibility, or something).

In the middle of a combat (means after round 1), it's usually quite hard to get sneak attack damage on ranged attacks without magical assistance (like aforementioned invisibility).

That's why a ring of blinking (allows you to attack as if with invisibility) is great for ranged attacking rogues, or rogues in general for that matter. :)

Bye
Thanee

Nice! I think Keldar will be saving his money ;)
Cheers,

SG

Steve, as for the question you asked me in the IC thread.
Ranger Class – Yes.
Skill changing – No. Since your character decided to try the Ranger route in his life from this point, he'll have to acquire the necessary skills from now. You can't change the skills from now, because let us assume your character didn't thought he'll take this route in his future. Got it. :)

Thanee

First Post
Some questions before I can post my revised action...

Does Allyra have cover from the troll (doesn't matter for the attack, since it was high enough to beat her AC even with cover, since she has no Shield running)?

We cannot make 5-ft. steps inside the Entangle, because of the half-movement penalty, correct?

Also, did you make the Reflex save for the troll inside the Entangle?

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads