Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

Turo aids the Archon to lift a tray-like portion of the marble block out to reveal yet another cavity. Beneath it you find a coffin. Opening it reveals a sleeping, regenerating Drelnza.

Rhun

First Post
Turo quietly draws an arrow from his quiver, and pulls a sickle from his belt. With a few moments work, he has removed the steel head from the wooden shaft, and trimmed the wood to a sharp point. The gnome positions the newly fashioned stake over the vampire's heart, and then drives it home with all of his strength.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“There she is,” Allyra says to Turo.

“I guess what we need now is called a stake.”

The wizardess then turns to her summoned Archon.

“Thank you for your help! You are free to go now.”

With that, she dismisses the spell that binds him to her plane of existance.

Drelnza opens her eyes wide with terror and a scream echoes in the room as the vampire crumbles to dust and the force of evil power that dwelt in her body fades into nothingness. She is no more...
Lined around her coffin are numerous tomes. The seven tomes’ titles read as follow: the Demonomicon of lggwilv, a Manual of Bodily Health, a Manual of Gainful Exercise, a Manual of Quickness of Action, a Tome of Clear Thought, a Tome of Leadership and Influence, and a Tome of Understanding.

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Looks like we have finally done it!”

Allyra looks at the treasure horde laid out before them, her eyes distant and thoughtful.

“But we still don't know how we get out of these caves,” she says.

“These are all the items, that were mentioned, now that I recall the meeting that set us on the trail of this treasure horde. Daoud's Wondrous Lanthorn and several tomes of great power. Plus some, the sword and the jewelry in the cage.”

“Surely, you will agree, that the knowledge contained within the Demonomicon is not for us, so it should be destroyed, if possible, or locked away, if not.”

“From the tomes we could each pick one to keep and bring the rest back to our king to use as he sees fit.”

“The lantern might be the key to our exit. I wouldn't know what else here could possess such powers. Maybe it is meant to light the way for us? But how? How do we even get back to the entrance after all these portals we stepped through?” the wizardess wonders.

Rhun

First Post
Turo nods. "Excellent suggestions, all of them. I also believe the lantern is the key to our escape...I seem to recall the door telling us that we must shine a light upon it to leave this place."

You gather the tomes and float up to the lantern and unhang it from the hook it was placed on. The lantern is hooded with a narrow open slit where a soft light penetrates through.

OOC: What about the cage ?

EDIT:

You leave the mighty cage artifact behind you, on the ledge and proceed to the big set of doors you opened when you entered the room. The golden marble corridor ahead of you ends with the mighty iron doors you opened earlier. From where you are, you find the easy short path to the long, steep, natural staircase that leads to the upper part of the caves.

Last edited:

Remove ads