Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - Game Ended successfully!

Fungi-filled corridor

You note that numerous small fungi cover the walls of this passageway, and that a fair growth of the stuff covers the floor, which is sandy and guano strewn. The oddly colored growth seem to match the vari-colored minerals of the walls of the area. A faint squeaking and rustling is heard when you listen.

*who is holding the light source?
EDIT: since Eliiyad is NPC, he will hold the torch

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    66 KB · Views: 210

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“That's what I meant, Eliiyad. I hope we find a clue there, as otherwise there is only crossing the underground river, as far as I see.”

As they move down the rough passageway, Allyra wonders what animal could make these sounds. “Rats? Bats? Probably something like that... hopefully they keep to themselves.”

OOC: Have we missed the part at O46? There's something to check out as well, then.

Keeping the silence, you walk past the gigantic colony of bats. They seem to be harmful, but who knows what might happen if they are disturbed. You come to a cross section, to the left you see a rocky ledge of a river, and there is another little passage beside it. The main corridor goes way forward Into the darkness.

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    68 KB · Views: 270

Rhun

First Post
Turo points his morningstar to the left, indicating that they should investigate the small side passage before continuing on down the main hall.

The sided passage is blocked
It can serve as a resting place.
remark the sorcerer

The rocky ledge reveals a vast, ebon-hued underground lake, the lake stretches beyond your vision and who knows what the lake's size is. The cave is enormous and you fail to spot the cave's opposite side, but due to the angle, you spot a partial hidden ledge 20 ft. across the dark water. (White arrows on the map indicate the current). The water is fairly still here and is probably very deep indeed. Over 50ft. above, great stalactites drip ringing drops of water onto the mirror-like surface of the pool.

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    70 KB · Views: 259

Rhun

First Post
We just recently rested, so probably best to move on for now.

Turo nods approvingly at the small area. "We should certainly consider using this place as a resting area in the future. Water is plentiful, and perhaps there are even fish to eat in the lake?" The gnome cleric shrugs and waves his morningstar back toward the main corridor. "For now I suppose we should get back underway, and see if we can't find some exit from these caverns."

The cavern widens into a gallery of considerable length and a height of well over 40'. Some smaller types of fungi grow here too, and you hear the telltale squeaking and fluttering which tell you that there are some bats above. There are some round indentations spaced along either wall of the gallery. About a dozen on each side, near the midpoint of the place.

Attachments

• Caverns.xls
    73 KB · Views: 263

Remove ads