• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strange seasoning for hamburger

sydbar

Explorer
My dad made a good tasting mistake, he cooked some hamburger for enchilada's, and thought he put some cumin in it, but he actually used some cinnamon instead, and it is pretty good tasting hamburger, different but good.

Tewligan

First Post
Frukathka said:
Interesting. I made some spaghetti last weekand intentionally put minced garlic and minced onions in the pot. Actually tasted pretty good.
Well, yeah - garlic and onion aren't exactly strangers to the world of spaghetti.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
trancejeremy said:
I dunno if it's are weird as garlic in spaghetti, but I use soy sauce on hamburgers a lot.
Well, my dad makes turkey burgers at least once a month, every time using soy sauce. Man, he makes them so good, that it actually heaven on earth when I eat them. Turkey burgers, mmmmm.............

Aurora

First Post
Frukathka said:
Well, my dad makes turkey burgers at least once a month, every time using soy sauce. Man, he makes them so good, that it actually heaven on earth when I eat them. Turkey burgers, mmmmm.............
Heaven on Earth, huh? You must have low standards..... ;)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Aurora said:
Heaven on Earth, huh? You must have low standards..... ;)
No, I don't it is the rarity of the item. Once you put something on a pedestal, it should remain out of reach on a regular basis, coming out of hiding once in a blue moon. If you are exposed to it on daily basis, it becomes a cheapened thing of the past.

I should know, I've been drinking my favorite coffee for a month now on a daily basis and I can't even stand it anymore. Time for a new flavor! ;)

WmRAllen67

First Post
Cinnamon in a meat dish isn't so unusual-- or at least, it wasn't back when there was no refrigeration and you had to cover the taste and smell of spoilage when you brought the dishes out to the king!

Same for cloves and pepper...

I use beer and cinnamon in chili-- it tends to be more sweet than hot, but I've always recieved compliments. It's about the only thing I know how to cook...

Remove ads