Stranger Things Companion Book Features D&D Character Sheets

Next week, the "behind the scenes" book for the TV show Stranger Things comes out. Jon Peterson has scored a copy, and has some photos... and they're of the D&D character sheets for the TV characters! The book is called Worlds Turned Upside Down.

Next week, the "behind the scenes" book for the TV show Stranger Things comes out. Jon Peterson has scored a copy, and has some photos... and they're of the D&D character sheets for the TV characters! The book is called Worlds Turned Upside Down.

stranger1.jpg

stranger2.jpg

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It looks like B/X D&D, except it has "Lawful Good" in the alignment (whereas it just used Chaotic-Lawful-Neutral) and the xp total is 6,500, which is 4th level for Clerics (though that would be in all versions, I think)

dave2008

Legend
It looks like B/X D&D, except it has "Lawful Good" in the alignment (whereas it just used Chaotic-Lawful-Neutral) and the xp total is 6,500, which is 4th level for Clerics (though that would be in all versions, I think)

They could very likely be using both. I know that is what we did at about that time, when we were about that age. We didn't understand there were different versions. We had the AD&D 1e PHB, MM, DMG, MM2, FF, and D&D,; and used them interchangeably with the BECMI series. We would just pick and choose whatever made sense between the books (mostly BECMI for us), and didn't realize they were different systems.

EDIT: you got to remember there was not internet to learn these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I seem to recall reading that the minis they use in the first episode of the show don’t quite line up with their time frame. And they talk about the “vale of shadows” which wasn’t really a thing. So a few little discrepancies here and there are to be expected.

I seem to recall reading that the minis they use in the first episode of the show don’t quite line up with their time frame. And they talk about the “vale of shadows” which wasn’t really a thing. So a few little discrepancies here and there are to be expected.

Demi-plane of Shadow would have been current in 1984.

The listed modifiers are incorrect. Str 16 (if I'm reading it correctly) should be listed as +1/+2 (to-hit and damage). Con 13 gives nothing until 3rd edition.

Given that these are stats for Mike, rather than his character, I don't see how he can have an AC of 3 (plate mail), it should be 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Demi-plane of Shadow would have been current in 1984.

The listed modifiers are incorrect. Str 16 (if I'm reading it correctly) should be listed as +1/+2 (to-hit and damage). Con 13 gives nothing until 3rd edition.

Given that these are stats for Mike, rather than his character, I don't see how he can have an AC of 3 (plate mail), it should be 10.

I think you are referring to AD&D 1e and not B/X. There is no AC 10 in B/X. AC Starts at AC 9 and goes down from there. Stat bonuses are appropriate for Basic D&D"

13-15 +1, 16 -17 +2, 18 +3 (page B7 - Moldvay Basic Edition - I pulled a copy off my shelf to confirm)

In AD&D 1e, Str of 16 is +1 damage only. 18 Str for non-fighters is +1 hit / +2 damage.

Remove ads

Remove ads