"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

DcIHjxiUQAAwxIJ.jpg-large.jpg

Here's the full press release:

On June 1 – 3 2018, D&D will bring tons of Twitch streamers, actors, comedians and D&D luminaries to the Stream of Many Eyes, a three-day livestreamed extravaganza full of cosplay, crazy sets and amazing stories. During the Stream of Many Eyes – #SOMEDND - the D&D team will unveil the new adventure story coming this year and showcase extraordinary D&D live play entertainment, and it will all stream live on twitch.tv/dnd.

The Stream of Many Eyes starts at 4pm PT on Friday, June 1st, with a visual tour of the studio led by host Anna Prosser Robinson and a roundtable conversation with the D&D team on the new storyline and what makes it so exciting. Dungeons & Dragons will then present live D&D play sessions with Force Grey & Dice, Camera, Action.

On Saturday, June 2nd, the livestream kicks off at 10 AM PT with Sirens of the Realms. Saturday’s games will feature well-known D&D gaming group Girls, Guts, Glory as well newer groups Rivals of Waterdeep and Dark & Dicey, all previewing content from the new story. The entertainment will run all day, wrapping up at 7 PM PT.

Four groups will perform on Sunday, June 3rd, beginning at 11 AM PT and streaming until 8 PM PT. Games will include members of Critical Role, High Rollers, Force Grey and the entire cast of Dice, Camera, Action performing together in costume for the first time.

D&D fans around the world can watch all the excitement unfold on twitch.tv/dnd, and on Sunday only, fans in the Los Angeles area can buy tickets to watch one of the live games in person. The live ticketed experience includes a curated set tour, live performances from musicians, dancers and stunt-people, food trucks, a D&D pop-up store full of merch, and of course some of your favorite gaming groups.

Check out the full schedule and buy tickets at dnd.wizards.com/some. Tickets are limited – so if you’ll be in the L.A. area on June 3rd make sure to grab them quick! Check out the D&D website, follow D&D on Twitter or subscribe to the Dragon Talk podcast feed for all the latest updates and for interviews with our special #SOMEDND guests.

You can read more here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm totally sure about the fact that the Mordenkainen's book will never open neither Greyhawk nor Planescape to be used by DMsGuild authors.
Why? It may or may not, but I see no cause for certainty, much less so that they won't later this year. They have stated they plan to release more settings for use.

Does sound like a Xanathar/ Waterdeep adventure.
Possibly Undermountain. Maybe inspired by Eye of the Beholder.

I like that it starts at a reasonable time on Friday rather than the middle of the work day.

D

DQDesign

Why? It may or may not, but I see no cause for certainty, much less so that they won't later this year. They have stated they plan to release more settings for use.
Because they'll use an adventure to open settings, like done with Curse of Strahd, IMO. A simple fluffy framework like 'Mordenkainen presents new monsters' is not sufficient to open Greyhawk on DMsGuild, like Mordenkainen's cameo in Curse of Strahd has not been.

How so? I'm afraid I don't know the lore.

Yeah, I don't see it either. I'd love some psionics, too, but they really are not very deeply tied to Spelljammer. Plus the link of Undermountain to Spelljammer isn't very strong either. As much as I would like to see some Spelljammer someday, I would really, really not get my hopes up that if there's use of Undermountain that means there would be Spelljammer and Psionics. The 3e version of Undermountain had zero references to Spelljammer, for example.

Don't want to be a spoilsport, and would gladly be wrong, but I wouldn't get too excited that it will happen unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Undermountain is under Mt Waterdeep, which also holds Skullport, a massive trade center for the underdark and also a spelljammer port. And psionics were a regular thing with some of the spelljamming races.

Some of the creatures of Tome of Foes make me think this might all be a possibility.

I don't see the artifact reference, but ... Halaster's 7 Apprentices... Rod of 7 Parts... maybe...

You have to hunt it down. :) People immediately blabbed about the Morse code hashtag rather than letting people solve that clue, so I won't mention where I found that teaser yet. It's not a big one, but it's out there. ;) I'm hoping there will be more little clues over the next month (and possibly other ones out now to find).

Remove ads

Remove ads