"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

DcIHjxiUQAAwxIJ.jpg-large.jpg

Here's the full press release:

On June 1 – 3 2018, D&D will bring tons of Twitch streamers, actors, comedians and D&D luminaries to the Stream of Many Eyes, a three-day livestreamed extravaganza full of cosplay, crazy sets and amazing stories. During the Stream of Many Eyes – #SOMEDND - the D&D team will unveil the new adventure story coming this year and showcase extraordinary D&D live play entertainment, and it will all stream live on twitch.tv/dnd.

The Stream of Many Eyes starts at 4pm PT on Friday, June 1st, with a visual tour of the studio led by host Anna Prosser Robinson and a roundtable conversation with the D&D team on the new storyline and what makes it so exciting. Dungeons & Dragons will then present live D&D play sessions with Force Grey & Dice, Camera, Action.

On Saturday, June 2nd, the livestream kicks off at 10 AM PT with Sirens of the Realms. Saturday’s games will feature well-known D&D gaming group Girls, Guts, Glory as well newer groups Rivals of Waterdeep and Dark & Dicey, all previewing content from the new story. The entertainment will run all day, wrapping up at 7 PM PT.

Four groups will perform on Sunday, June 3rd, beginning at 11 AM PT and streaming until 8 PM PT. Games will include members of Critical Role, High Rollers, Force Grey and the entire cast of Dice, Camera, Action performing together in costume for the first time.

D&D fans around the world can watch all the excitement unfold on twitch.tv/dnd, and on Sunday only, fans in the Los Angeles area can buy tickets to watch one of the live games in person. The live ticketed experience includes a curated set tour, live performances from musicians, dancers and stunt-people, food trucks, a D&D pop-up store full of merch, and of course some of your favorite gaming groups.

Check out the full schedule and buy tickets at dnd.wizards.com/some. Tickets are limited – so if you’ll be in the L.A. area on June 3rd make sure to grab them quick! Check out the D&D website, follow D&D on Twitter or subscribe to the Dragon Talk podcast feed for all the latest updates and for interviews with our special #SOMEDND guests.

You can read more here.

Yaarel

He Mage
He's said (officially and unofficially) that psionics will happen with Dark Sun, where it has the most story importance. He also said the psion wizard is a proof of concept that is not intended to even be playtested, simply to show that the psion--as its own class, the mystic--is necessary, as the core rules of 5e cover far too little of what psionics is expected to do.

It seems to me, the *only* difficulty with the psion wizard is the selection and flavor of pertinent spells. Just like Xanathars supplied the missing elemental spells, a future book can supply the missing psychic spells.

Even so, there are enough decent spells already to make the psion wizard work well enough, even without tweaking.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was kinnnnnddddaaa hoping for a bit more of the specific details. I'm a 2e/Spelljammer veteran, but I never had any of the Skullport material, and I've never heard of any other Spelljamming ports that weren't accessible to the sky. Now, there might be some, as it's not one of my areas of expertise, but based on what I do know it just stands out as a big :confused:
IIRC correctly, the Spelljammers use a secret underground river to get into the port?

delericho

Legend
Because they'll use an adventure to open settings, like done with Curse of Strahd, IMO. A simple fluffy framework like 'Mordenkainen presents new monsters' is not sufficient to open Greyhawk on DMsGuild, like Mordenkainen's cameo in Curse of Strahd has not been.

Bear in mind that we only have a sample size of one. There's nothing to stop them opening any other setting at any time and for any reason. They could, for instance, decide to open up a few settings as a means to judge interest - if nobody writes for Birthright (for instance) then they know not to bother with a Birthright adventure. (And, conversely, if there's a sudden flurry of Birthright material, maybe they rethink that.)

Then he just referenced it again during the news segment that he thought Mike doing psionics during his show was gutsy since he knows the release schedule. He implied again that Mike was risking spoilers. And even said that doing psionics on his show was 'flying a little close to the sun'

And the way he said sun, made me think Dark Sun.

I just watched the bit you're referring to, and Stewart clearly over-emphasizes the word "sun" when he says this. He's definitely trying to tease Dark Sun and psionics; the only question is whetehr he's pranking us in doing so.

Remember that they will almost certainly be announcing not one but two books during the "Stream of Many Eyes" -- Broadway and Catacomb -- and possibly three (the rumored fourth book for 2018).

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
What if its Waterdeep is only a distraction? What if Stream of Many Eyes is meant to hide the codename ''Stream of Many I's''? Quick everybody, find the alliterate name for book that would contain as many ''I''s as possible!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
What if its Waterdeep is only a distraction? What if Stream of Many Eyes is meant to hide the codename ''Stream of Many I's''? Quick everybody, find the alliterate name for book that would contain as many ''I''s as possible!

Iggwilv's Inventory of Illusionary Inevitables?

Remove ads

Remove ads