• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupid XPH question

Does a psicrown take up the head slot for magic items?

The obvious answer is yes, I would think, but I think it's incredibly dumb that a psion needs to remove his headband of intellect to use what amounts to a psionic staff. wizards don't have to take of their headbands to use their staves.

Page 169 XPH
Psicrowns
A Psicrown is a special Headband...
So a Psicrown takes up the Headband Slot for sure, so you have to create another item that gives you your INT-boost.
Yes that's one of those things where Wizards are one step ahead, you can't have everything using PSI at all.

The Iron Mark

First Post
Perhaps they get a reduction in price? I also think that with the power point mechanic they used for them, that you can use them more often than a staff, but don't quote me on that.

Thanee

First Post
Count Arioch the 28t said:
I'm not getting it, psi is still weaker than arcane and divine magic.
That, I find highly questionable... :)

See HERE for details.

If you have some insight, why psionics are weaker, make sure to point it out there.

Bye
Thanee

Simple:

Cleric and wizard spells scale by themselves.

The equivalent of point scaling would be if you wanted to cast 5 magic missiles, you used a 3rd level slot to cast it instead of a 1st level on. Or used a 9th level slot to cast a 10d6 fireball.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads