• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suave Savagery

Loonook

First Post
I always see barbarians in pelts, Druids in ragged robes, and shaman in breech clouts...

This changes today.

What are your tales of 'Savage' classes turned suave, debanoir, and urbane? I began to think of such things after being reminded of my favorite 'Paladin'.

Who happened to be a tough talking, fiend stomping Barbarian/Champion of Gwynharwyf wearing a fine suit of Mithral Full Plate. He was cultured, knowledgeable, and completely unexpected when he decided to Hulk out.

And then on another forum I ran across someone discussing a Druid of Abadar who was allowed the ability to learn the law. A man who went from circuit judge to legal scholar living in a beautifully manicured druid grove in the midst of his estate. Until this Matlockesque legal eagle turned into an actual eagle.

So what are your ideas for a bit of Suave Savagery? Have you made your own Suave Savages?

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I had a Barbarian/Bard who was not, as one might expect, a skald. Instead, he was an urbanite, a popular poet and hot-headed drinker. A silver tongued devil who also carried sharp steel. A rake and a rager...

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I just created an orc leader for my D&D Next game. Her name is Rusalka, and she's a pretty, intelligent leader who bargains with the bandits in the dungeon to keep the peace. She runs a gladiator ring to let her people channel their bloodlust in a productive way, while making sure the orcs remain the power in the dungeon.

I can't wait until the PCs meet her. They'll have a tough choice; if they kill her, they get to take her magical armor and dagger. In a game where magic is in short supply, those are true prizes. On the other hand, she keeps the orcs in line. Without her, some bloodthirsty barbarian will no doubt take command in her place.

Loonook

First Post
I like these concepts. Discussing the topic I was reminded of one of our players playing a burly Minotaur who was beloved by all for his beautiful voice. I never thought I would have a Minotaur with Perform ranks going around taking life by the horns...

And then of course, the epitome of suave savagery...

tumblr_mblqbijqlY1qd4idco1_1280.jpg

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It would be hard to top Sir Bearington in this.

Here's a thought: a Druid/Wizard (with Brew Potion and a maxed out Alchemy skill) who is doing all kinds of experiments.

Last edited:

Remove ads