• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sub-Epic Offerings

Added simple spellcasting like that of the paladin (also using his base spell list) with some spell list changes for the archetype as well
I mean, I don't know if Pali fits exactly, just as it's so holy focused and this definitely seems like an evil character could take it, maybe make it based on alignment, with evil Undying getting the Antipaladin spell list and neutral ones getting the Ranger spell list.

Either way I think this certainly makes it more viable.

Obly99

Hero
I mean, I don't know if Pali fits exactly, just as it's so holy focused and this definitely seems like an evil character could take it, maybe make it based on alignment, with evil Undying getting the Antipaladin spell list and neutral ones getting the Ranger spell list.

Either way I think this certainly makes it more viable.
I use the pali spell list as the base for the number of slots per day but for the spell list I created for it pick only the spells that protect itself or others with some offensives from the pali/inquisitor/ranger spell list and always without selecting any spell with alignment descriptor.

Last edited:

I use the pali spell list as the base for the number of slots per day but fot the spell list I created for it pick only the spells that protect itself or others with some offensives from the pali/inquisitor/ranger spell list and always without selecting any spell with alignment descriptor.
Ah I see, cool!

Obly99

Hero
Ah I see, cool!
Undying Spells

1st – bed of iron, compel hostility, cure moderate wounds, endure elements, keep watch, knight’s calling, lesser restoration, magic weapon, placebo effect, shield of fortification, remove sickness, spiritual weapon, tireless pursuit, tracking mark, word of resolve

2nd – communal endure elements, cure critical wounds, delay disease, delay poison, holy shield, instant armor, ironskin, litany of defense, neutralize poison, paladin’s sacrifice, reincarnate, remove paralysis, shield other, soothing word, vestment of the champion

3rd – accept affliction, communal delay poison, deadly juggernaut, mass cure light wounds, remove blindness/deafness, remove curse, remove disease, vigilant rest

4th – banishing blade, break enchantment, breath of life, cyclic reincarnation, death ward, dimensional blade, greater neutralize poison, heal, king’s castle, mass cure moderate wounds, raise dead, regenerate, resounding blow, restoration, temporary resurrection

Spells
The autumn army soldier replace

2nd – instant armor, ironskin, litany of defense, vestment of the champion

3rd – deadly juggernaut

4th – banishing blade, resounding blow

with the following spells for his spell list.

1st – bullet shield, fabricate bullets

2nd – bullet ward, magic siege engine, magic vestment, named bullet

4th – greater magic siege engine, greater named bullet

This alter the spell list.

Undying Spells

1st – bed of iron, compel hostility, cure moderate wounds, endure elements, keep watch, knight’s calling, lesser restoration, magic weapon, placebo effect, shield of fortification, remove sickness, spiritual weapon, tireless pursuit, tracking mark, word of resolve

2nd – communal endure elements, cure critical wounds, delay disease, delay poison, holy shield, instant armor, ironskin, litany of defense, neutralize poison, paladin’s sacrifice, reincarnate, remove paralysis, shield other, soothing word, vestment of the champion

3rd – accept affliction, communal delay poison, deadly juggernaut, mass cure light wounds, remove blindness/deafness, remove curse, remove disease, vigilant rest

4th – banishing blade, break enchantment, breath of life, cyclic reincarnation, death ward, dimensional blade, greater neutralize poison, heal, king’s castle, mass cure moderate wounds, raise dead, regenerate, resounding blow, restoration, temporary resurrection

Spells
The autumn army soldier replace

2nd – instant armor, ironskin, litany of defense, vestment of the champion

3rd – deadly juggernaut

4th – banishing blade, resounding blow

with the following spells for his spell list.

1st – bullet shield, fabricate bullets

2nd – bullet ward, magic siege engine, magic vestment, named bullet

4th – greater magic siege engine, greater named bullet

This alter the spell list.
Nice, I like it.

Quick question, why is it called the Autumn Soldier?

Obly99

Hero
Today I'm posting some optional rules for the firearms I use in my campaign. They are not of my own creation and their original version can be found in this manual. (Arcforge: Psibertech - Legendary Games | Alien & Space | DriveThruRPG.com)
ARMOR PENETRATION
AP stands for “Armor Penetration” and marks a weapon’s ability to penetrate or bypass conventional armor and defenses. Each point of AP bypasses that total value from a target’s armor, natural armor, and/or shield bonuses to armor class. AP is calculated against the target’s total armor class, not individually against each component. A weapon’s AP automatically increases when it is enhanced through magical or technological means by an amount equal to its total enhancement bonus. For example, a pistol has AP 3, meaning it bypasses the first 3 points of a target’s armor class from armor, natural armor, or shields, and a +1 pistol has AP 4. If a nonmagical pistol is used against a target with an armor class of 19 (10 base + 5 armor + 2 natural armor + 2 shield) the wielder would only need to roll a 16 or better to successfully strike the target. Ranged weapons only benefit from AP against targets within their first range increment. Firearms can use the AP system and do not target touch AC but they no not incur a misfire chance if using this system.
AP and Existing Weapons- You may find that it makes a lot of sense to apply the AP system to some existing weapons, such as early firearms or crossbows. For your convenience, we’ve added a table below featuring a selection of commonly used weapons and firearms with suggested AP ratings. Firearms using the AP system should not target touch AC or incur a misfire chance.

Weapon Name
Armor Penetration (AP)
Light Crossbow, Repeating Light Crossbow, Light Pick​
AP 1​
Buckler Gun, Heavy Crossbow, Repeating Heavy Crossbow, Pepperbox,
Coat Pistol, Dagger Pistol, Sword Cane Pistol, Flare Gun, Heavy Pick​
AP 2​
Blunderbuss°, Pistol, Double-barreled Pistol, Warhammer Musket, Axe
Musket, Laser Torch, Fleshnet Cannon​
AP 3​
Musket, Double-Barrelled Musket, Revolver, Inferno Pistol​
AP 4​
Pepperbox Rifle, Nagant Revolver​
AP 5​
Rifle, Shotgun, Double-Barrelled Shotgun, Flamethrower, Arc Pistol,
EMP Pistol, Gravity Pistol, Laser Pistol, Sonic Pistol, Zero Pistol​
AP 6​
Madsen Light Machine Gun, Mosin-Nagant Rifle​
AP 7​
Stun Gun, Arc Rifle, EMP Rifle, Gravity Rifle, Laser Rifle, Sonic Rifle,
Zero Rifle, Plasmathrower°​
AP 8​
Death Ray, Mindrender, Id Rifle, Vortex Gun, Mind Burner​
AP 9​
X-Laser, Rocket Launcher​
AP 10​
Rail Gun​
AP 11​
Arc Cannon, EMP Cannon, Gravity Cannon, Laser Cannon, Sonic
Cannon, Zero Cannon​
AP 12​
Atom Gun, Nuclear Resonator​
AP 13​
°Weapons with the scatter property do not apply AP when firing pellets.

Last edited:

Today I'm posting some optional rules for the firearms I use in my campaign. They are not of my own creation and their original version can be found in this manual. (Arcforge: Psibertech - Legendary Games | Alien & Space | DriveThruRPG.com)
ARMOR PENETRATION
AP stands for “Armor Penetration” and marks a weapon’s ability to penetrate or bypass conventional armor and defenses. Each point of AP bypasses that total value from a target’s armor, natural armor, and/or shield bonuses to armor class. AP is calculated against the target’s total armor class, not individually against each component. A weapon’s AP automatically increases when it is enhanced through magical or technological means by an amount equal to its total enhancement bonus. For example, a monofilament stiletto has AP 3, meaning it bypasses the first 3 points of a target’s armor class from armor, natural armor, or shields, and a +1 monofilament stiletto has AP 4. If a nonmagical monofilament stiletto is used against a target with an armor class of 19 (10 base + 5 armor + 2 natural armor + 2 shield) the wielder would only need to roll a 16 or better to successfully strike the target. Ranged weapons only benefit from AP against targets within their first range increment. Firearms can use the AP system and do not target touch AC but they no not incur a misfire chance if using this system.
AP and Existing Weapons- You may find that it makes a lot of sense to apply the AP system to some existing weapons, such as early firearms or crossbows. For your convenience, we’ve added a table below featuring a selection of commonly used weapons and firearms with suggested AP ratings. Firearms using the AP system should not target touch AC or incur a misfire chance.

Weapon Name
Armor Penetration (AP)
Light Crossbow, Repeating Light Crossbow, Light Pick​
AP 1​
Buckler Gun, Heavy Crossbow, Repeating Heavy Crossbow, Pepperbox,
Coat Pistol, Dagger Pistol, Sword Cane Pistol, Flare Gun, Heavy Pick​
AP 2​
Blunderbuss°, Pistol, Double-barreled Pistol, Warhammer Musket, Axe
Musket, Laser Torch, Fleshnet Cannon​
AP 3​
Musket, Double-Barrelled Musket, Revolver, Inferno Pistol​
AP 4​
Pepperbox Rifle, Nagant Revolver​
AP 5​
Rifle, Shotgun, Double-Barrelled Shotgun, Flamethrower, Arc Pistol,
EMP Pistol, Gravity Pistol, Laser Pistol, Sonic Pistol, Zero Pistol​
AP 6​
Madsen Light Machine Gun, Mosin-Nagant Rifle​
AP 7​
Stun Gun, Arc Rifle, EMP Rifle, Gravity Rifle, Laser Rifle, Sonic Rifle,
Zero Rifle, Plasmathrower°​
AP 8​
Death Ray, Mindrender, Id Rifle, Vortex Gun, Mind Burner​
AP 9​
X-Laser, Rocket Launcher​
AP 10​
Rail Gun​
AP 11​
Arc Cannon, EMP Cannon, Gravity Cannon, Laser Cannon, Sonic
Cannon, Zero Cannon​
AP 12​
Atom Gun, Nuclear Resonator​
AP 13​
°Weapons with the scatter property do not apply AP when firing pellets.
I like it, it might be hard to implement, but seems cool on the surface. Not sure how it'd play out.

Remove ads