• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Succubus courtesan

Rechan

Adventurer
First-born child is always a good default.
I find the "First born child" request is always best when, after agreeing upon it, the person is then told, "All right, we're now going to make that first born". This way they don't get to weasel out of the deal by avoiding the babymaking process.

interwyrm

First Post
Like the "no gold" price, more suggestions, please? :)

• Murder or otherwise betray a friend
  • 7 years of service from the client's firstborn
  • The complete loss of a single emotion
In general, I think this courtesan would thrive on inspiring people to create misery for themselves.

Rechan

Adventurer
In general, I think this courtesan would thrive on inspiring people to create misery for themselves.
Or that misery they create is alleviated only by her.

• You give up one emotion of my choice - except in my presence.
  • You give up one sense of your choice - except in my presence.
  • You give up your virility/endurance - except in my presence.
  • No other but me can satisfy this desire.
Agree to that, and she has ensured she'll have a repeat customer, meaning the price can increase with each visit.

Amaroq

Community Supporter
Enough so that she is completely out of reach of anybody save the upper nobility and absolute elite.

Enough to inspire gossip about "what could she possibly do that could be worth that much?"

Probably around the level of a magic item of her level.

The book Maia by Richard Adams (1984) features a super-high-end courtesan as protagonist, and covers both the economics, and how the extreme high price attracts egotistical men into spending more than they can actually afford.

(And, yes, the author of Watership Down wrote one of the raciest, sexiest pieces of swords-and-sorcery fantasy, ever.)

As a succubus, she may well be offering gold-piece price discounts to certain favored repeat clients in return for souls, and or assistance on whatever her evil plans are: there's next to no way that she's simply there to work as a courtesan.

Rechan

Adventurer
This isn't what the OP asked for, but something important to consider.

A courtesan, especially a supernatural one in a magical world (and a place like Sigil) obviously isn't just going to satisfy one's physical needs. A simple prostitute can do that.

No, what a courtesan of such a caliber (and especially a supernatural one) supplies not just what the client wants, but what they need. Alleviating loneliness, insecurity, shame, pain, and other shortcomings. The courtesan becomes what the client needs, such as a confidant, supportive shoulder or one who takes control for the client. She gives what they are not finding anywhere else.

She can give them what they cannot have. Relive a past glory? One more night with your (lost) family or a family you've never had? The love and adoration of millions? The success of a lifetime? Not only can this illusion be created, but it can be felt, experienced, and invoke the real emotions those fantasies have. Their heart's desire, not just that of the body.

Fulfill that, and the person will give anything.

Last edited:

Uzzy

First Post
Anything she blooming well wants! Gold, while a boring option, is always useful for day to day needs. Political influence with her various noble clients. One adventuring service rendered if an adventuring party crosses her path. Anything really. I doubt there would be a set price for her services, but vary from day to day, from whim to whim (and from what the client can offer).

Rechan

Adventurer
high-end currency backed by mortal souls: ... nominally worth 100 gp.
Man. The soul has terrible value. A platinum plate is worth at least 100 souls!

"Hey, why is this Baatorian Greenback half the size of the others?"
"Backed by the soul of a lawyer."
"Oh."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads