Suggest a feat for a Tiefling Fey Warlock 2

LightPhoenix

First Post
It's my wife's character, and she's adamant about not taking Ritual Caster (she played a wizard in 3e, and she wants as much distance from a spellbook as possible, hence warlock).

Doh, missed the subtle third person stuff. Sorry!

I'll talk to her about going with either Improved Initiative or Jack of All Trades. one will get her Initiative up to +6, and the other will give her +2 on all of her untrained skills.

Stalker0 said:
I think jack of all trades is one of the best feats in the game if you use skills in your game in the slightest. I think its so good it might actually be some incentive for a person to get a 13 int, even if they have no other use for it. So if your wife has a 13 int or higher for her character, definately get that one.

See, I feel just the opposite. With four or five players, you pretty much have every skill covered for skill training. Cooperation (ie Aid Another) has very diminishing returns, as you only need to get a 10 or higher: that's 50% with absolutely no modifiers at first level. The 10% from JoAT is pretty insignificant, and only gets more so. With less than four players, you'll likely need someone to have skill training in other skills, so JoAT doesn't help here either. More often than not, in either case you won't be making too many rolls with skills you aren't trained in. The major exceptions I can think of are Insight and Perception - in which case, you're much better off grabbing the Skill Training feat.

Klaus

First Post
Doh, missed the subtle third person stuff. Sorry!

See, I feel just the opposite. With four or five players, you pretty much have every skill covered for skill training. Cooperation (ie Aid Another) has very diminishing returns, as you only need to get a 10 or higher: that's 50% with absolutely no modifiers at first level. The 10% from JoAT is pretty insignificant, and only gets more so. With less than four players, you'll likely need someone to have skill training in other skills, so JoAT doesn't help here either. More often than not, in either case you won't be making too many rolls with skills you aren't trained in. The major exceptions I can think of are Insight and Perception - in which case, you're much better off grabbing the Skill Training feat.
Skills-wise, there isn't much spread in my group. The other 3 PCs are humans fighter and ranger, and a dragonborn warlord.

Remove ads