• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggest an Adventure for My Gf to Run

Retreater

Legend
I'm looking for a straight forward 5e dungeon based adventure for my gf to run. It's her first attempt at DMing, but we're looking for something we haven't already played (i.e. Most of the official Wizards stuff).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm looking for a straight forward 5e dungeon based adventure for my gf to run. It's her first attempt at DMing, but we're looking for something we haven't already played (i.e. Most of the official Wizards stuff).

Goodman Games has some good material, including the 5E adaptation of Keep on the Borderlands.

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

Goodman Games has some good material, including the 5E adaptation of Keep on the Borderlands.

Still running it. Finished all the caves and expanded to all the outlying areas. It will take some tweaking at higher levels though because once you are done with the caves, the rest is too weak to be a threat to the PCs.

aco175

Legend
I'm not sure if how long she has been playing matters or not. I think that if she knows the rules and feels comfortable being the lead in everything , she can DM. Still, you can start something small to get your feet wet like some of the DMsGuild free or PWYW adventures. She may hate being the DM and waste 30$ on a larger adventure. You can also take the free part of the elemental evil arc and skip the town part, starting at one of the dungeon sites- handwave the town part and just say you were sent here.

Shiroiken

Legend
Tome of Horrors (original version). The DM is the only one having fun playing that one ;)

More serious note, unless she wants to make an investment in DMing, she might want to check out the DMs Guild for cheap/free options. Also increases the probability of finding something no one knows about.

Retreater

Legend
She's been playing for about two and a half years, but is kinda nervous about sitting in the DM's seat. I told her I would play the whole party while she gets her bearings with the rules, etc.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The "Caravan Road Trip" chapter of Hoard of the Dragon Queen would let a new DM create a bunch of connected encounters, instead of running a whole campaign. Spotlight one caravan NPC per week as the lead-in to the adventure du jour. Use imagination to expand the bare-bones plot hooks provided in the book, to create something your own.

Volund

Explorer
MT Black writes good adventures in a clear format. Check out Temple of the Nightbringers on dmsguild. It has one short outdoor encounter as a prelude to a basic dungeon with 12 encounters. Only $2.

Remove ads