Suggest "out there" homebrews and settings!

monkeynova

First Post
Does it have to be a d20 setting?

Since your GM is already familiar with WoD, here are some suggestions that might be appropriate: Puppetland, Unknown Armies, Delta Green (I don't know if Pagan Publishing has devised a BRP-to-d20 conversion guide, though; that said, I'd guess someone somewhere has worked on or is working on it :) ), Over the Edge (if you can find it); if your GM doesn't mind doing too much conversion work, GURPS Cabal has a pretty interesting setting.

monkeynova

Pozatronic

First Post
How about the Fading Suns Rpg. It was created by White Wolf alumni and there's a d20 Rule book for it. It's very good. Alot different then most settings I've come across.

Krug said:
Dark Sun, Grimm, Spellslinger... those are pretty 'out there'.
I'm gonna second Spellslinger. Dave, you'll really like it. Judging from the stuff you've sent me for Manifest Destiny it's right up your alley. It's cheap too.

But don't be afraid to tell your buddy to just start running. Some of the best campaign worlds I ever ran were seat-of-the-pants affairs for most of their existence.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I have three homebrews in my sig. Low'verok is the most pedistrian of the three, but it's probably the most complete. Vasorn is a world ruled by dragons where the races of the Underdark are the freedom-fighters. And Keldev is a kind of Arabian Nights setting. See if any of those trip your trigger.

Iron Kingdoms has only been out for about a week, and although I'm just scratching the surface of the book, it's really bitchin'. Only problem, you also will probably need the next book, which is still two or three months away to really dig too deeply into the setting.

I think you are already familiar with my homebrew, but since you specifically asked for homebrews, I might as well suggest it again, since it has a lot of new content since you probably last saw it. The setting itself is right here while the DM specific information is right here.

Remove ads