• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestions for levels before hitting epic lvl

Paladin_dk

First Post
HI!

I’m new on these boards, so bear with me if this is the wrong forum to post my stuff..

Im looking for suggestions to which class or prestige class to take, before I hit epic levels with my Rod of Seven Parts character. Right now, these are his stats:

Note; Stats, skills etc. don’t included magical modifiers.

Kealon of Kord

Cleric 4 / Fighter 2 / Paladin of Freedom 3 / Templar 7

Base attack: +15/+10/+5 Saves: Fort +16 Reflex +5 Will +13

Attributes: Str 22 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 14 Wis 15 Cha 19

Skills (ranks only):Climb 5, Concentration 15, Craft (weaponsmithing) 8, Diplomacy 3, Heal 5, Knowledge (religion) 14, Knowledge (the planes) 13, Knowledge (undead) 8, Perform (sing) 1, Sense motive 8, Spellcraft 14

Feats: Weapon focus (greatsword), Weapon Specialization (greatsword), Power attack, Cleave, Power critical, Divine Might, Improved Critical (greatsword), Sanctify Martial Strike, Improved Smiting, Extra Smiting.

S.A / S.Q: Turn Undead 10/day, Mettle, Smite 3/day, Smite evil 1/day, Detect Evil, Divine grace, Lay on Hands, Aura of Resolve, Divine Health, DR 2/-, Domains: Strenght & Luck

So, I want to take up the epic prestige class Divine Emissary, but it requires a Base Attack of +23 and the Great Smiting feat. The last is not a problem, but getting the high B.A means, that each level from now on must give the best B.A progression. Since i soon run out of templar levels (3 levels to go, making him a cleric 4 / fighter 2 / Paladin 3 / templar 10). I'm looking for suggestions to which classes to improved, or what class / prestige class to take up for the remaining 4 levels, before hitting lvl 21.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Shariell

First Post
Take another 3 levels in templar, and go epic with this PrC before enter the Devine Emissary PrC, this worth 2 epic bonus feat.

For a character like yours, to fill up the remaining levels at non-epic, I like the Divine Champion from the Forgotten Realms Campaing Setting.

With your build, you end at level 20 with a BAB of +19, so you can reach BAB +23 to go with the Devine Emissary at level 27, and start the devine emissary at 28.

so, non epic you can go with: Cleric 4 / Fighter 2 / Paladin of Freedom 3 / Templar 10 / Divine Champion 1

at this point, you have another 7 levels to fill up: you can take Divine champion 2 and another 6 levels in Templar (the epic progression of the templar PrC is in the official supplement published on the wizard of the coast website, you can download it here: )

The 6 levels in templar grant you Smite 3/day, +2 DR (for a total DR of 5/-) and two epic bonus feats (nice, indeed), and the 2 levels in Divine champion grant you 1 bonus fighter feat and a +1 to all saves against divine magic and outsider's spell like abilities.

To max out your character, you can take the 2 levels of Divine Champions at level 19 and 20, in wich case you gain full BAB (like the templar) and 2 good Saving Trow (fortitude and Reflexes +3). Than, from level 21 to 27 you pick up 7 levels of Templar for the DR and the epic bonus feats, and at level 28 you are ready to go with the devine emissary.

Remove ads