• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Suggestions for new class

You should invent a class where you keep the hearts of a variety of animals in canoptic jars, which you carry on your person. You can then channel the power of each animal's heart to gain one of several suites of special powers.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I second the Druid suggestion.

Ranged or melee, good control. Not as squishy as wizard, Heal if you want, beast-out if you want. Lots of options.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I like the Diviner Wizard idea myself. Abjurer is also a good one If you are concerned about dying again and want some more toughness. War Magic Wizard might be worth a try too.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
You should invent a class where you keep the hearts of a variety of animals in canoptic jars, which you carry on your person. You can then channel the power of each animal's heart to gain one of several suites of special powers.
Oh man, why isn't that a class already?

That IS a genius idea. You should definitely homebrew it... ;)

And in the end I went with a cleric dip to enhance the armour and healing ability of my wizard. (the party REALLY needed spellcasters in the end). Just made sure constitution was high and will probably take resilience when I get to 4th level.

Iry

Hero
Sounds like a Totemist!
91031.jpg

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That IS a genius idea. You should definitely homebrew it... ;)

And in the end I went with a cleric dip to enhance the armour and healing ability of my wizard. (the party REALLY needed spellcasters in the end). Just made sure constitution was high and will probably take resilience when I get to 4th level.

... what about an alchemist?

Wiseblood

Adventurer
Hill Dwarf Gold Draconic Sorcerer you get natural armor, 2 extra HP per level, resistance to poison and proficiecy in decent weapons. I might give this guy a shot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads