Suggestions for vanilla campaign setting?

Keith Robinson

Explorer
Ceresco said:
Thanks for the respnse,

Droop and I have already looked at the Kyngdoms and I like what I've seen. Let's say I'm on the fence about it. Give me your hard sell. Why should I invest my time and money into a new setting by a new company without a proven record of customer and product support?

Hi Ceresco,

I'm not very good at the hard sell: I just write stuff and people either like it or they don't. The fact that the setting is available for free online means that you know exactly what it is you're getting up front and can make your purchase decisions based on that. As for support, well, last month we released The Cult of Fane, Part 1 of The Last Mage of Mount Fane trilogy, and this month (tomorrow, in fact) we will be releasing the second part, The Shadow of Fane. Part 3 is due out in January 2006 (this adventure path will take characters all the way from 1st through to 8th). We'll also be releasing a fully fleshed out city next year, amongst other things. We also have our own forums where we love to hear from people using the setting and help where we can.

From the list of settings that have been mentioned in this thread, I'd say they all look good and you can't really go wrong with any of them. If you decide to run with The Kyngdoms, I'll be delighted. If not, and you're happy with your choice and have fun gaming, I'll be delighted :)

Good luck in your choice!

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
thekyngdoms said:
Hi Ceresco,

I'm not very good at the hard sell: I just write stuff and people either like it or they don't. The fact that the setting is available for free online means that you know exactly what it is you're getting up front and can make your purchase decisions based on that. As for support, well, last month we released The Cult of Fane, Part 1 of The Last Mage of Mount Fane trilogy, and this month (tomorrow, in fact) we will be releasing the second part, The Shadow of Fane. Part 3 is due out in January 2006 (this adventure path will take characters all the way from 1st through to 8th). We'll also be releasing a fully fleshed out city next year, amongst other things. We also have our own forums where we love to hear from people using the setting and help where we can.

From the list of settings that have been mentioned in this thread, I'd say they all look good and you can't really go wrong with any of them. If you decide to run with The Kyngdoms, I'll be delighted. If not, and you're happy with your choice and have fun gaming, I'll be delighted :)

Good luck in your choice!

This exact attitude is why I'll be checking out the Kyngdoms. BEGINRANT
I wish more retailers/publishers/"people who make stuff and sell it" had this attitude. The "hard sell" is an affront to consumers and the public, be it game materials, cars, retail goods, whatever. Make a product to the best of your ability, put it out there, and let the consumers decide, with no pressure or gimmicks. And if they choose another product over yours, wish them well anyway.
END RANT

Thanks.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well it's not like Keith is any kind of ass about getting people to read his stuff. Like he said "Either you'll like it or you won't."

Remove ads