Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;PLLQK9la6Go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go[/video]

Due to the DCAU, I keep expecting Waller to be CCH Pounder. It looks interesting to say the least.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is interesting. Yesterday WB was saying this:

We have no plans currently to release the Suicide Squad footage that leaked from Hall H on Saturday. It’s unfortunate and ultimately damaging that one individual broke a long-standing trust we have enjoyed with our fans at the convention by posting early material, which, at this point, was not intended for a wider audience. We are still in production on Suicide Squad, and will have a big campaign launch in the future. Our presentation yesterday was designed to be experienced in that room, on those big screens!

And today they launched the above trailer, saying this:

Warner Bros. Pictures and our anti-piracy team have worked tirelessly over the last 48 hours to contain the Suicide Squad footage that was pirated from Hall H on Saturday. We have been unable to achieve that goal. Today we will release the same footage that has been illegally circulating on the web, in the form it was created and high quality with which it was intended to be enjoyed. We regret this decision as it was our intention to keep the footage as a unique experience for the Comic Con crowd, but we cannot continue to allow the film to be represented by the poor quality of the pirated footage stolen from our presentation.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Its good to see that Joker has more than just a behind the bars cameo role. That being said lets hope Harley and Joker don't end up hogging the limelight and relegating the rest of the team to also-rans.

Good to see a slightly older, 'stockier' Waller than we see in Arrow and GL.

and is Enchantress being played with Magic? thats going to be interesting

MechaPilot

Explorer
This is interesting. Yesterday WB was saying this:

We have no plans currently to release the Suicide Squad footage that leaked from Hall H on Saturday. It’s unfortunate and ultimately damaging that one individual broke a long-standing trust we have enjoyed with our fans at the convention by posting early material, which, at this point, was not intended for a wider audience. We are still in production on Suicide Squad, and will have a big campaign launch in the future. Our presentation yesterday was designed to be experienced in that room, on those big screens!

That quote from them is interesting to me, particularly the "long-standing trust" part. Do they mean the same "long-standing trust" that leaked the BvS teaser trailer? The "long-standing" trust that leaked the video of Joker and Harley arguing and the trucker approaching and getting shot? Or do they mean the "long-standing trust" of any of the other unsanctioned leaks that have occurred since last year's comic con?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That quote from them is interesting to me, particularly the "long-standing trust" part. Do they mean the same "long-standing trust" that leaked the BvS teaser trailer? The "long-standing" trust that leaked the video of Joker and Harley arguing and the trucker approaching and getting shot? Or do they mean the "long-standing trust" of any of the other unsanctioned leaks that have occurred since last year's comic con?

I think they mean the long standing trust which has leaked every single bit of footage shown at Comic Con by anybody ever since the mobile phone got a camera. Imagining it won't happen is naive of them.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I've known The Joker was an evil man. But seeing that last scene in the trailer when he says, "Oh, I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurtcha really, really bad" . . . makes me respect The Punisher much more than I do Batman.

Bullgrit

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've known The Joker was an evil man. But seeing that last scene in the trailer when he says, "Oh, I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurtcha really, really bad" . . . makes me respect The Punisher much more than I do Batman.

Depending who writes him, he's pretty much *the* most psychotic character in all of fiction.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Other than The Joker, Harley Quinn and Killer Croc, the rest of the Suicide Squad by looking at the pictures/trailers, I could not name any other characters without first looking up on IMDB who all was to be in it.

Is that not the case with 99.999% of movies you see? Or is being already familiar with more than three of the characters in a movie a prerequisite? Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy?

I went to see Interstellar and Jurassic World and couldn't name any of the characters before seeing 'em! I knew one character in Mad Max. Zero from Ex Machina. And I saw No Country For Old Men on TV the other night, and knew none of those characters either. Loved the film, though! :)

Discovering characters by watching the thing they're in is a great way to do it!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads