Suicide Squad - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I always thought of HPD as an Angel of vengeance. funnily enough when thinking about Boba Fett, HPD and Preacher of Pale Rider were the characters that popped into my head too.

That probably helped Boba Fetts coolness, he managed to tap the mythic archetype of silent gunman. He's also the neutral both the outsider - neither Rebel or Empire - and the badass normal (no jedi powers, no Wookie companion) of Star Wars

I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of Star Wars characters have no Jedi powers or Wookie companions.

And "silent gunman" is far too modern to be mythic.

Nah. He taps into something far older than Cowboys and Jedi. The mask is Dick Turpin or older.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm pretty sure 99.9999999% of Star Wars characters have no Jedi powers or Wookie companions.

Nah. He taps into something far older than Cowboys and Jedi. The mask is Dick Turpin or older.

I'm thinking "Black Knight."

MechaPilot

Explorer
I do hope in the next trailer, we will be shown something more about what "event" the suicide squad is forced to go up against.

I appreciate why this first one was the way that it was (fans wanted to see Harley and Joker most of all, and the premise of the squad needed to be outlined for those new to the property), but I'd also like to see a hint of the actual plot in the next one.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

actually if you look at most of the actual "name" characters who aren't either Imperials or Rebel Alliance then there really aren't that many who haven't got Jedi Powers or some Alien shtick.

Han Solo is the other Badass Normal and I'd say Han Solo was more Dick Turpin too. Your right Vader is the Black Knight so perhaps Boba Fett is the Ronin Assasin (like Lone Wolf and Cub) - neither Good nor Bad he has chosen the third way of SwordGun for Hire - But even that ties directly into the Bounty Hunter Cowboy archetype of Preacher

Ryujin

Legend
Well here's a little twist that, if it's true (unfortunately it probably isn't; reasons at link), would make Leto a palatable character for me. Interesting theory. The link is rather spoilerific, so no video preview. You've been warned, if spoilers bother you ;)

And again, spoilers. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L39zDBGXPTU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads