• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suitable Replacement Mount for A Wemic Paladin

Artoomis

First Post
sparxmith said:
...BTW, I considered giveing her a Hound Archon as a rider at 10th level, but I can't quite seem to decide if that is fair or not?...Sparxmith

Well, I think you should be careful to give something of about the same power as he (she?) would get if a regular paladin. A Hound Archon at 10th level might just be about right - that's a delay of 5 levels.

sparxmith

First Post
I'm curios, where might I find rules concerning Dash Dannigan's idea of a Celestial symbiont that could grant the wemic flying? I'm thinking that for an extra ECL or two, I might use this idea. (Where in the 3.5 DMG/MM are the rules on flying?)

On another note, I frequently see abbreviations, I know most of them but what do IIRC and SRD stand for?

Thanx guys!

Sparxmith

melkoriii

First Post
My personal feeling to to nor give anything in return.

When you take two classes that give the same feat do you get to replace the second one? Nope.

If take a Class that gives Elemental Resistance 5 and your Race has the same thing do you get to replace/stack it? Nope.

Its part of the class why should you be different then other Paladins?

Gez

First Post
Well, because, it's not a mechanical thing (like, I fiddle with fire and grow and immunity, or I'm a soldier so I'm trained in weapons) but a divine gift. You are a paladin, you serve a god (in that case, Nobanion, who is a leonine deity with a large following of wemic, and more than a few of them are paladins); and that god (which usually has a IQ higher than a computer game's) decide to send you a helper.

If he sends you a helper that's useless except as emergency ration, he's not doing his divine job correctly.

Not that the paladin is in a position to whine about that, of course.

But it's still silly. Hence the need for a replacement. Replacing the paladin mount by a druidish animal companion that could only be a dire lion seems a good idea.

Dash Dannigan

First Post
sparxmith said:
I'm curios, where might I find rules concerning Dash Dannigan's idea of a Celestial symbiont that could grant the wemic flying? I'm thinking that for an extra ECL or two, I might use this idea. (Where in the 3.5 DMG/MM are the rules on flying?)

On another note, I frequently see abbreviations, I know most of them but what do IIRC and SRD stand for?

Thanx guys!

Sparxmith

Well I got the idea from the Fiendish Symbiont, p.218 Fiend Folio. I figured there ould be an opposite as well. The Celestial Symbiont, of course isn't in the Fiend Folio, but its reasonable to assume that such a creature exists. If you want, give the Celestial Symbiont equivalent creature stats and have it scale in abilities it provides that scale with the host's level similar to a Paladin's mount.

I'd say to keep things simple after the Symbiont connection has been made the Celestial Symbiont may be summoned from it's celestial home just as a Paladin's mount.

To keep it really interesting for your Wemic character have the symbiont at first only provide a boost in speed to the Wemic's move, as the campaign progresses the Symbiont (who remains in Telepathic contact when summoned) gets to tell its host (the wemic) that soon he'll be able to move even faster. Would like to see the players face when the symbiont suddenly sprouts wings lol.

Remove ads