• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Summon a creature permanently

Jack Simth

First Post
Mindbender (Complete Arcane) can permanently charm or dominate creatures. So, after using planar binding (without magic circle against XX or after releasing the critter from there), a MB can try to enslave it permanently.
You can also do that with the spells from the Mother Cyst feat in Libris Mortis. There's an extra step (a second level touch spell to first mark them), but it's got a permanent dominate effect in there.

Jhaelen

First Post
there is an item i know which enables you to maximize the hit dices of creatures you summon. So if a fiendbringer uses this item to permenantly summon a demon will it always have maximum life ?
I guess it will depend on the wording of the item's ability, but in principle, I'd assume the answer is yes.

Theroc

First Post
there is an item i know which enables you to maximize the hit dices of creatures you summon. So if a fiendbringer uses this item to permenantly summon a demon will it always have maximum life ?

I would say it would always begin with maximum life. I would not say its HP would not decrease if it took damage. >.>

scifan888

First Post
Permanent summons are best done with Epic spells. For a non-epic solution try this: -

Permanent Summon Monster
Conjuration (Summoning)
Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S. F/DF
Casting Time: 1 full round
Duration: Permanent (D)

This spell is identical to Summon Monster 6 except that the creatures remain until dismissed, dispelled or slain.

Not really all that useful for creating armies since there are lots of spells that get rid of summoned creatures by the score. A few temples and wizard guilds arming their acolytes and apprentices with wands of dispel magic can get rid of a summoned army quite rapidly. The various Magic Circle spells will keep summoned creatures away and so on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads