• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super Dragon King Ghidorah!

Thalias

First Post
Krisnath just so you know there is a difference between powergaming and muchkinning. Powergamers teak characters to the max where as munchkins blatanly ignore rules. Sure the DM could say I could not cast that spel, but then he himself is admitting to the fact that he can't beat a character that has a spell well within the force of reason. That is like saying I can't use magic missile because the DM doesn't like it. The ELH was made with specific rules on spells thus they are not over powered. A force dragon of young adult age is only a CR 28. We are level 30-31 characters. And CRs are based on a party of four characters. Thus Summoning this dragon would give our party its fourth character. If the DM is frightened of that he should go back to the drawing board and make something stronger.

Krishnath

First Post
Moi, afraid, no, no, no, I was just stating that at the DM's option he has the power to say what works and what doesn't. I myself have absolutely nothing against a player crafting that spell, but then again, I force my players to quest for the spellseeds needed to cast epic spells, it's a campaign thing. The thing is, that some players, wether they are powergamers, or munchkins, ruleslawyers, or whatnot, simply abuse a DM that just can't say no. All I am offering Demiurge is a chance to playtest one of my creations before I post it here. And as you said, your party is made up of ECL 30-31 characters, all of which are self-confessed powergamers, and thus an ideal test group. It should be able to defeat you, but then again, you should be able to defeat it.

I have extended an invitation to Arc, and you to if you please, to meet me on equal terms, as he is clearly a very angry young man (or woman, as I have no Idea what gender he or she is).

Now what I wonder is what level your partys Monk Sun Giant is? I am also curious to wether or not he got the Ability/Natural Armor boosts when s/he increased in level? I would also like to know what size category the giant currently is.

Later,

Arc

First Post
Krishnath said:

I have extended an invitation to Arc, and you to if you please, to meet me on equal terms, as he is clearly a very angry young man (or woman, as I have no Idea what gender he or she is).
Alright. I'll be waiting for the chance to face whatever you give Demiurge. I don't exactly classify myself as 'angry' young man, because that implies a lack of self-control. Rather, I'm just arrogant. Subtle difference, neh? ;) Anyways, lets keep this in the realm of friendly competition.

Ask Logaine about the Sun Giant monk, he's the player.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
I was going to use the word arrogant, but I decided to use a little more tact than that, and went with angry instead. :D

I'm still awaiting the e-mail from Demiurge. But it will be an interresting encounter nevertheless.

By the way, what alignments are your party? Good? Evil? I know the monk has to be lawful, but this is something I would like to know.

See, I've gone epic crazy, mostly because of the immense lack of epic monsters, so that's what I'm doing now. I've made a CR 26 yugoloth, as well as the CR 30 'surprise package'. And I'm currently working on a slaadi, after which I'll do a guardinal.

LogainTalronse: I asked some simple questions about your Monk before, but your companions could not answer me. I humbly request that you answer them as fast as possible. Thank you in advance. :D

Later,

Arc

First Post
Mixed.

I think.

I don't have the character sheet on me, and since none of the spells I cast have alignment restrictions, I don't even know if I wrote it down ;)

Krishnath

First Post
Well, unless you are a divine spellcaster, alignment restrictions on spells will not affect you.

It's fun to be a LG wizard and cast 'Evil' spells like there's no tomorrow. Or be a LE wizard and summon an Archon to do your bidding through Planar Binding spells... :p

Arc

First Post
Yep. Only problem is when those spells screw up. Actually, evil wizards tend to have a bit of an advantage, because denizens of the lower planes are less likely to rend them limb from limb. Key word: less.

Krishnath

First Post
Bah, that's what Quickened Dimension Door and Teleport Without Error is for. Also, if you do your research properly like a proper evil wizard, you will not screw up... Have I ever told you about my 18th LVL LE wizard in a mostly good party? :D

Remove ads