• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super Dragon King Ghidorah!

Krishnath

First Post
See, I as a DM would never allow a wish to alter the size of a character, at least not permanently...Also, to be picky, it's only 45% of the time, as an 11 on d20 will not penetrate his SR. And Ghidora really is that big, I refer you to the size table in the Kaiju article so you can see the difference between a Purple Worm (Gargantuan) and a Kaiju (Colossal), the purple worm is about the size of the Kaiju's foot... :p

I am also pretty sure that Damage Reduction works differently in 3E.

But I disgress, you will be stone dead when the rematch starts... :D

Demiurge: Contact me via e-mail, or a PM over on nutkinland. I think I have something that will put the fear of the DM back into your players... I have planned on posting it, but I think I'll let you have it a couple of weeks early... :D

Arc

First Post
From the PHB page 150
If your spell is being resisted with spell resistance, you must make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) at least equal to the creature's spell resistance for the spell to affect that creature.
11+42=53

Anyways, you're right about the size thing. I didn't read the kaiju article, so I only had the size tables in the DMG to go with. And under 3e rules, that gargantuan monk can grapple the colossal kaiju. Even if he's as big as his foot. I know, it's stupid, but them's the rules :)

Oh, and I think I can anticipate your advice. It goes something like:
"At the first possible moment, bring down the wrath of every god in the pantheon on [character played by Arc]"

Krishnath

First Post
LOL!, hardly, it is a simple and very singular creature, and it's actually smaller than the giant. It's only a CR 30... So you should be able to beat it, just not easily. :p

I will post it one these boards eventually, just not yet....

LogainTalronse

First Post
huge?!

My dear friend my monk was gargantuan acting colosal+. Moreover I could have jumped high enough to catch him if he'd chosen to stay in they air. I also made a mistake if I had taken vorpal strik einstead of epic skill focus jum pI would have slaughtered him on roudn 3 (when I got my third and fourth crits also my last two of teh battle.)

Arc

First Post
Krishnath said:
LOL!, hardly, it is a simple and very singular creature, and it's actually smaller than the giant. It's only a CR 30... So you should be able to beat it, just not easily. :p

I will post it one these boards eventually, just not yet....
Here, post it, and I'll tell you how I'll beat it. Sound like a deal? I'll keep the current character though (though not into 3.5, as the character design gets screwed over).

Howabout this for fun? Make yourself as a CR 40 creature. The whole big dragon thing, et. all. Give Demiurge some instructions on how to run you (round by round if you want). We'll fight. Whaddya think?

Last edited:

Thalias

First Post
Krisnath do you have the ELH? If you do the I would like to be looking at these pages while you read this post, pages 77,182,183. On page 77 is the dragon knight spell. Here is a modification of it.
DC base is -----------------14
because of non outsider 10
Summon CR 28 ------------52
1-action casting------------20
And it equals a DC of -----86

Now you may ask what I am summoning. Well King Gidorah would be facing a young adult(Gigantic) Force Dragon.
You have max ranks. 33 for a 30th level character in Spellcraft. You can get epic skill focus that is plus ten, we are at 43. You get an skill boost item, these can go as high as thirty. We are now at 73. now just to make sure things go something we will lower the DC with a migitating factor of 11d6 backlash. That is not that much it averages 38 points of damage. So then for 38 points of damage you have a young adult force dragon. Cast that.
And Gidorah suddenly has some problems.

Krishnath

First Post
Thalias: That of course would be assuming that the DM would allow you to research that spell, no? :D

But then again, I hate munchkins and have made it my mission to stop them at all costs... ;)

Arc: I will post the creature when I feel like it, also, it wouldn't be fair to Demiurge to let you develop a tactic against it before he has had the chance to test it, don't worry to much though. It only has 36HD... And why on earth shoul I make a CR 40 dragon to kick your party into next week, when I can use a CR 30 non-dragon? To me you and your ilk are nothing. Now if you and your comrades have somthing against me, I suggest you take it to nutkinland, I'll be waiting... That is of course, if you have the cojones for it :rolleyes:

Remove ads