Super Kraken Of Doomy Doom Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paradox42

First Post
Languages don't have to be relevant. The simplest way to resolve any apparent conflict here is to use the old "It understands X languages but never actually speaks" phrasing. I think dante gave it that so it would compare favorably with the core rules Kraken, which is a highly intelligent monster.

That said, the one in the movie seems more like a trained animal in its actions, which would indicate it's a stupid "force of nature" type horror like a seagoing Tarrasque. It all depends on what you want the critter to be.

genshou

First Post
The tentacles of a squid are far longer than its body. I think a long reach is entirely appropriate for a Gargantuan kraken.

You don't want to see what I did with a kraken when I advanced it to max hit dice... :uhoh:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
The tentacle length is straight from the core rules. When calculating kraken size they only go by the body. Then they determined tentacle length by looking at real squids. Tentacles being like limbs...they dont count them as part of it's size. Especially since the tentacles dont count for the majority of it's hit points. Kraken dont need their tentacles to live. Their kinda like appendage weapons that can be lost in battle and regrown. I used the basic kraken and enhanced it's abilities by giving it some of the nastiness of a tarassque. As for it's ability scores...those are almost entirely based on core rules.

:) And yes I too got to see the movie. It was inspirational...but my kraken is a blend of all the krakens Ive ever seen in movies and read about in books. I couldnt limit myself to one source...LOL!!!

Remove ads