• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread

Victim

First Post
Elric said:
(Since we're out of sync time-wise, hopefully she can at least glance through them and get back "now" in interrogation time)

(My thought was that Shooting Star was actually ahead in time - she goes off, talks to the medical officer, breaks the encryption on the flash drive, and then reads the contents. Meanwhile, the other characters exchange a few lines of dialogue. So it'd be everyone else who needs do stuff like read the documents. Of course, I could be wrong.)

DM_Matt

First Post
Victim said:
(My thought was that Shooting Star was actually ahead in time - she goes off, talks to the medical officer, breaks the encryption on the flash drive, and then reads the contents. Meanwhile, the other characters exchange a few lines of dialogue. So it'd be everyone else who needs do stuff like read the documents. Of course, I could be wrong.)

(Quickness 3 makes some of that go really fast.)

Jemal

Adventurer
"Wolfsohn, Sheppard, and Doe?" Optic scowls "&%#$!" He looks at the others "I'll be right back."

[sblock=ooc]
Nice Angel reference. ;) Can I have Lindsay as one of my contacts?
Also, what did I hear about it very recently? (I'm trying to think back in-thread but can't recall anything)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris2

First Post
Elric said:
Nitro grabs Angel. "Hey man, you have to come over here. I think this dude is speaking pig Latin. You can understand that, right?"

Angel says to rest, "I can communicate in any language... But he seems to be speaking english... I wish they had been more specific on just what authority we were holding them."

Victim

First Post
(Okay then. :))

Shooting Star floats gracefully into the room. "How are the interrogations coming? I took some notes on the contents of that flash drive. I didn't find any viruses, etc but that's not conclusive, so I chose not to send the contents directly. The data should suggest some questions for the plant guy," she says, handing off her iphone to an interested character.

He pulls Shooting Star aside. "Can you go read those papers that we found? I bet you're a much faster reader than I am, if your incredible flight speed is any indication"

"Thanks. But I wasn't going all that quickly in that fight. Also, movement speed and task speed don't always go hand in hand. I can act at an accelerated rate otherwise I'd splatter myself on something thanks to insufficient reaction time, but not in direct proportion to my flying ability. The ability to apply a direction vector or rotation to my whole self doesn't make the individual pieces move so much faster. Plus there are limits based on my own strength and the properties of whatever I'm carrying. You can't move paper around at supersonic speeds - old aircraft used to break apart at that kind of velocity, much less lots of ordinary objects." Why bother explaining to him?

She concludes: "I'll look them over, just give me a bit."

Moving to the other cell area, Megan talks to Nightweaver and Viridian. "How is the werewolf boss doing? Also, I spoke to Red, and she wanted us to get some regular rest. We might want to head home soon."

DM_Matt

First Post
Jemal said:
"Wolfsohn, Sheppard, and Doe?" Optic scowls "&%#$!" He looks at the others "I'll be right back."

[sblock=ooc]
Nice Angel reference. ;) Can I have Lindsay as one of my contacts?
Also, what did I hear about it very recently? (I'm trying to think back in-thread but can't recall anything)
[/sblock]

Eidetic Memory --> In the first post, the news reports. Paul Shepherd was also Numero Uno's lawyer.

[sblock] Nice catch, btw, but there's no Lindsay here. [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Eidetic memory = Make the DM do your thinking for you? ;)
I kinda figured on the Lindsay thing, it was more of a joke. As for the reference, I'm a huge Whedon fan. Did you know he's writing Runaways now?
[/sblock]

Optic heads off to find Red.. Or White.. any color will do, really. "We may have a problem. Both Shiek and Numero Uno are with Wolfson, Shepard, and Doe. And I think they're pretty important clients too, because Shiek just said his lawyer was Paul Shepard. If memory serves, that's Uno's lawyer too. I've dealt with WSD before, they're the bane of Heroes. When we turn these guys over to the police, they're gonna get out. Do we have any authority to hold them here, or not? We may be hurting the DA's chances of locking them away if we refuse them their lawyers.. but we can't bring the lawyers in HERE, this being a secret base and all." He stops and shakes his head, then gets an idea. "Got any good tracking devices that are hard to detect?"

DM_Matt

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=ooc]
Eidetic memory = Make the DM do your thinking for you? ;)
I kinda figured on the Lindsay thing, it was more of a joke. As for the reference, I'm a huge Whedon fan. Did you know he's writing Runaways now?
[/sblock]

Optic heads off to find Red.. Or White.. any color will do, really. "We may have a problem. Both Shiek and Numero Uno are with Wolfson, Shepard, and Doe. And I think they're pretty important clients too, because Shiek just said his lawyer was Paul Shepard. If memory serves, that's Uno's lawyer too. I've dealt with WSD before, they're the bane of Heroes. When we turn these guys over to the police, they're gonna get out. Do we have any authority to hold them here, or not? We may be hurting the DA's chances of locking them away if we refuse them their lawyers.. but we can't bring the lawyers in HERE, this being a secret base and all." He stops and shakes his head, then gets an idea. "Got any good tracking devices that are hard to detect?"

[sblock] Eidetic Memory = Memory safety net.
I hadn't heard that RE Whedon [/sblock]

I assume you are going for White (Personnel, but also seems to be your handler for many things at the moment), Black (Tactical/Operations) or Pink (Bad Guy Research). Red is the doctor.

Since you mentioned White, she says "Well, that's the thing...we don't actually have any legal authority. We can provide plenty of evidence when we drop them off, and the raptor pilots and the EMTs will able to testify...but of course, we cannot guarantee anything in court. I agree though that we can only hold them for so long before it starts hurting the case."

Raylis

First Post
Nightweaver looks at Shooting Star, "Angsty, overly religious. Just how long were we out?"

She turns back to Numero Uno, "So were you at the lab just to make sure the transaction went well...or were you just hiding from the mob over the guy you killed?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads