• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superman Returns Question

jarlaxlecq

First Post
Its been said that this movie is going to be a direct sequal to the original '78 movie. It's pulling a Highlander and pretending the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) movie never happened. Which I can agree with given that they were pretty bad. My question is this. The 1978 Supes was your pre-crisis supes as can be seen by the whole "cause the earth to spin the other way" cheese. Are they gonig to tone down supes to his post crisis normal self or can we expect other stunts like that?

EricNoah

Adventurer
I thought I'd heard that it assumes that both #1 and #2 (but not the others) happened. However, I don't have an answer for your question.

fett527

First Post
jarlaxlecq said:
Its been said that this movie is going to be a direct sequal to the original '78 movie. It's pulling a Highlander and pretending the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) movie never happened. Which I can agree with given that they were pretty bad. My question is this. The 1978 Supes was your pre-crisis supes as can be seen by the whole "cause the earth to spin the other way" cheese. Are they gonig to tone down supes to his post crisis normal self or can we expect other stunts like that?

"Son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!"

How could you not like Superman 2?

And I thought it started after 2 anyway.

EDIT: EN beat me to that question.

Klaus

First Post
fett527 said:
"Son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!"

How could you not like Superman 2?

And I thought it started after 2 anyway.

EDIT: EN beat me to that question.
Ahhh, if only Zod didn't get so overused in the comics, these words would have much more impact...

Now Zod is so anime... :D

fett527

First Post
Klaus said:
Ahhh, if only Zod didn't get so overused in the comics, these words would have much more impact...

Now Zod is so anime... :D

Luckily, I don't read comics. ;) I've never experienced Zod outside of the movies.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
jarlaxlecq said:
Its The 1978 Supes was your pre-crisis supes as can be seen by the whole "cause the earth to spin the other way" cheese. Are they gonig to tone down supes to his post crisis normal self or can we expect other stunts like that?

Superman didn't cause the Earth's rotation to reverse. It appeared to reverse because he was flying backwards through time.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
jarlaxlecq said:

It will be taking place after Supes #2, but blast these rumors and peeks. Check the Sci Fi news pages for a spolier that was posted.

Remove ads