• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supernatural : New Season

Sutekh

First Post
Howdy,

Has anyone seen the season premiere and wants to discuss it?

It had some pretty strange revelations, and sets the tone for the last season.

Merkuri

Explorer
I like how Lucifer has to play by the same rules as angels (like having a willing host).

I had to laugh when they mentioned swine flu on the radio as part of the "the apocalypse is starting!" news.

So who has a theory on what saved Cas and what moved the brothers to that airplane? I think,
judging from the angel's reaction it had to be God. I don't know what I think about that.

Darthjaye

First Post
God brought back Castiel. He is mentioned to make an angry appearance this season.

As for the episode i loved it and felt like it didn't let up the momentum from the last season's finale. The angels are @#cks and as for Lucifer following the same rules....well he is a fallen angel so it makes perfect sense that he would follow the same exact rules. I liked the reveal about Micheal's sword

Starting the episode with "Thunderstruck" was just beautiful btw :cool:

EroGaki

First Post
I really enjoyed the episode. It's good to have Supernatural back!

Judging from Zach's expression and his words in the season 4 finale ("God? God has left the building") i think it's a safe bet that God had a hand in saving Sam and Dean. That, or the Trickster :p.

I like how Castiel pulled a Gandalf-like resurrection.

Blastin

First Post
I hear they Upped the Actor who is playing Cas to a regular, which I think is great.
Loved the episode. The "number one fan" was great.
Sam to fan who is rubbing his chest: "um...can you stop touching me?" Her, as she continues to rub his chest: "...no..."
The dynamic between Sam and Dean is gonna be interesting.

It had some pretty strange revelations, and sets the tone for the last season.
Fifth season isn't going to be the last. Jensen Ackles already confirmed that he's signed for a sixth.

Although once you fight the devil himself, I'm not quite sure where you go. Azathoth?

I also enjoyed the episode a lot... as I expected to. I'm also glad that Castiel's return and the implications he hints at seem to reduce the chance that Supernatural will go all Phillip Pullman on us, which is nice.

However, I had a few minor nitpicks. The whole deal with going to the storage facility for the Michael sword... and then being told that the sword was actually just Dean all along seems to me to be either sloppy writing on the writers' part, or sloppy follow-through on the characters part. Either that, or Chuck was merely setting bait for the two of them, which I suppose is also possible.

Blastin

First Post
Yeah, the archangel (what is his name anyway?) stated that they put the vision in Chuck's head in order to lead Dean and Sam into an ambush.

Sutekh

First Post
I think it will be the last, at least with the theme we have now. Supernatural was from the start going to be 5 seres only according to Kripke the creator. Even if Jensen is signed for 6, thats only IF it goes to 6.

I cant personally see anything more badass than Lucifer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads