• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sure Strike & Power Attack

Danceofmasks

First Post
Minigiant said:
Careful Strike has really no use. But feats like Heavy Blade Opportunity, Hammer Rhythm, Scimitar Dance, and Power Attack make Sure Strike pretty good, especially for a weapon and shield fighter.

Scimatar Dance, Heavy Blade Opportunity, and Power attack on a scimitar and shield fighter turns an OA to:

Attack: Str vs AC
Hit: 1W+4
Miss: Dex
As opposed to Bracers +4, and Scimitar dance .. turns basic attack OA to:

Attack: Str vs. AC
Hit: 1[W]+Str+4
Miss: Dex

Danceofmasks

First Post
Maybe so ... but since characters are limited to the number of item powers they can activate per day by tier (and +1 per milestone), it should be a consideration that bracers don't count towards that.
Nonmagical shield works fine for me.

edit:
shield doesn't either. my bad

Dracollich

First Post
One thing I have seen careful attack useful for is to land an attack against a target designated as quarry. Although the probability of a twin strike landing at least one hit is higher compared to a careful attack, flavorwise, careful attack fits more of the accurate archer concept compared to the shoot and spray archer flavor that twin strike fits.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Fluff? Whatever. I'm too busy killing to care about "fluff" and "concepts" and "concealed weapon laws".

Careful strike is for when you're too cheap to keep your off hand weapon up to your tier. Quit power attacking and replace the +1 flaming axe, man.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads