• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survey D&D General questions

Kerato

First Post
  1. What is your age?
  2. At what age did you start playing D&D?
  3. Are you a boy or a girl?
  4. What did you find difficult about the game at first?
  5. What is the most important you think should be in a tutorial animation?
  6. What kind of ambiance would you like a tutorial animation to have?

1. 24
  2. 17
  3. boy
  4. knowing what you could and couldn't do. At first i was just playing the rules before i started creative role-play and using the rules only when necessary e.g. when i have to role diplomacy/persuasion.
  5. the rules don't cover everything. In that case the dm decides but you can always talk with your dm and the other players about what kind game you'd like (e.g. combat heavy or role-play focused)
  6. I liked the image you posted. I would keep the tone light with a few jokes here and there

I also asked my girlfriend:
  1. 22
  2. 20
  3. girl
  4. rule changing things like spells and manoeuvres. They take some getting used to but easy once you get hang of it.
  5. that is best to start simple, both rule and role play wise. A simpler expressive character is easier get used to role-playing then a complex brooding stoic character. Similarly a simple I hit things with my sword character is easier to get a hang of the rules than a wizard with many different kinds of spells.
  6. I als think the picture looks good with its medieval style. I would love puns! Puns are always a great addition!

Succes with your project! Maak er een mooie animatie van!

Last edited:

Sanne Kerkhof

First Post
It's not a forum to ask, you set up a survey with your questions there and then post the link here (and elsewhere). People can then go and fill out the survey and it collects all the statistics for you.
Yes I figured. That's a big problem as I don't know all the emails of people who play D&D. That's why I put it up here.

schnee

First Post

andron

Explorer
1. Age: 52
2. Age started playing: 15
3. Male
4. Finding someone to actually play the game or even admit to the fact that they did play the game.
5. Just getting down the basics that you need to know to start playing and worry about the details/more in depth rules later as they come up.
6. Keep it medieval/fantasy flavored. If you can find them on YouTube, look at some old Wizard of the Coast animations from a few years ago, they were pretty good and funny. That might help you get some ideas...

Sent from my XT1254 using EN World mobile app

Sanne Kerkhof

First Post
You don't need to do that at all.
SurveyMonkey can generate an email link that anyone can click and take the survey.

https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/Web-Link-Collector

This thread is a privacy DISASTER.

You should really ask the mods to delete it, and start over with a proper survey.
I don't see why you think this is a "Privacy disaster"
You seem to be the only person having a problem with this.
This is really important to me. And since I've already had lots of reactions I don't want to shut it down. I only have little time to get all the information.

jasper

Rotten DM
You don't need to do that at all.
SurveyMonkey can generate an email link that anyone can click and take the survey.

https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/Web-Link-Collector

This thread is a privacy DISASTER.

You should really ask the mods to delete it, and start over with a proper survey.
Um Mr Schee is an adult blue lizardfolk for Purtero Rico who live is a flat above the Dismal Swamp in Viringina USA of Alternate Plane 456.
There are only 2 identifiers. 3 if screen name is real name.

Sanne Kerkhof

First Post
I suggest you choose 1 specific topic. Don't Stop Thinking has done the topics well but are over 2 minutes.

Yep I've already seen that one. I just want to show a short story of the four things: Social (communication), the character sheet, consequences and the fighting system. This is what the company I'm making this for wants from me. But for my school I need to show the people who are "judging" me that I have legit reasons about making certain choices. This survey is to show them that people who played D&D for the first time had the problems I'm going to explain in my animation. (Sorry for my bad English btw)

jasper

Rotten DM
yall gotta bad English that this here Southern.
Ok, Choose the Fighter class, human, no feats and standard array to build your example. Ok one problem people have is putting stats in the wrong place for what they want to create. Randomly assign the stats or make bad choices for the fighter. Say a 9 in cha and 11 in str. This will show how the communication rolls work, and the results of fighting. Good luck.

Sanne Kerkhof

First Post
yall gotta bad English that this here Southern.
Ok, Choose the Fighter class, human, no feats and standard array to build your example. Ok one problem people have is putting stats in the wrong place for what they want to create. Randomly assign the stats or make bad choices for the fighter. Say a 9 in cha and 11 in str. This will show how the communication rolls work, and the results of fighting. Good luck.

It's just the idea that counts. And most people who start D&D don't make their character sheet themselves.

Remove ads