• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E SURVIVOR RETURNS: Lich Wars - Vecna Wins!

I kind of want to vote for Vecna next, because the Head of Vecna is awesome, but Saelorn says that modules don't count, so I guess the Head of Vecna doesn't count either since it's an anecdote and not even a module. ;-) Ergo, I'm going to need to down-check Vecna in favor of Acererak.

It was a reference to Vecna's so called "Divinity" that happened in an adventure. A day or so ago, you mocked Acerearak, as "adventures don't count," so I discount Vecna's so called divinity for the same reason. You can't say one about Acererak and another about Vecna without being a hypocrite :p
Vecna's divinity was true in a core rulebook, regardless of whether or not it first happened in an adventure. If adventures didn't count, then Vecna is still a god.

And I only said that in response to the assertion that material published by the current D&D license-holder didn't count. If the 3E PHB doesn't count, then modules don't count either. My personal preference is the opposite position, that everything counts, including fan stories.

ElderElementalEye

First Post
Acererak - 10 -- He lost all body parts but the head, so he is more advanced in that regard than Vecna
Vecna - 14
Vlaakith CLVIII - 8 -- this is between A. and V. now, so just leave quietly back to the Astral Plane, please

Lanliss

Explorer
Acererak - 8 (-2) Vecna is easier to pronounce.
Veena - 14
Vlaakith CLVIII - 9 (+1) I like an underdog.

Also, do not know how to color. Oh well, parentheses works fine.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads