• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Volo's Races: LIZARDFOLK WIN!

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
The main way to minimize Elf stats is by making sure the Elf stats themselves have maximal flexibility, so the DM and the players can build their own Elf whatever way they personally feel the Elf should be.

Something like: Your Charisma score or Dexterity score improves by 2, and one other ability score improves by 1.

Then high Charisma Intelligence Tulani Eladrin, are just an Elf. Dex +2 Cha +1 Legolas, is just an Elf. Dex +2 Str +1 Grugach is just an Elf, and so on.

I guess even the Triton here if it had Cha +2, Str or Con +1 would easily stand in to replace any Aquatic Elf tradition.

This Cha +2 Triton with innate water magic, would also replace the D&D Nixie.

The writeup for the Triton could just say something like: ‘The Triton − sometimes called the Aquatic Elf or the Nixie Sprite − is ...’. And done.

gyor

Legend
"I frankly think everyone here should be ashamed of themselves that Goliath lasted longer than Kenku. Seriously..."

The Goliath at least a descent mechanics, not great, but good, but the Kenku was aweful in design, I like Kenku but in VGTM it was designed with basically ALL RIBBON ABILITIES except for stat boosts. I like Kenku, I didn't like what VGTM did with it.

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
I like the concept of a giant race, being mountain-traveling nomads who are in tune with shamanic nature magic and war. Albeit, the name ‘Goliath’ is less satisfying.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads