D&D 5E Survivor Volo's Races: LIZARDFOLK WIN!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(It might be the most hated, actually -- either it or Tabaxi will have received more negative votes than any of the other options; it just happened also to have a number of fans as well).

Argyle King

Legend
I'm not surprised that Lizardfolk (Argonians) and Tabaxi (Khajiit) had so much support.

You could likely do D&D Skyrim easily using those two (and Orcs with a slightly different background).

It's debatable whether the dragonborn (not the race) would be a bard (with the dragon shouts being refluffed bardic magic) or something similar to the warlock. I vaguely remember D&D 3.5 having a class which was basically the warlock, but with various types of draconic breath weapons instead of eldritch blasts.

Oblivion would be even easier to translate into D&D. The storyline of a demon cult opening portals to their master's plane of existence and allowing hellish minions to pour through seems perfect. Now that I think about it, that could be a solid adventure arc when combined with 5th Edition's Gnoll backstory. If you wanted to change it up a little, you could substitute a different type of planar monster for demons. Mindflayers trying to bring an uber-powerful Elderbrain into the world or Beholders trying to bring The Great Mother into the mortal world could be cool.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
(It might be the most hated, actually -- either it or Tabaxi will have received more negative votes than any of the other options; it just happened also to have a number of fans as well).

ME ME! I'm one! OH YEAH! Lizardfolk. Finally getting the recognition they deserve.

Remove ads