• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Volo's Races: LIZARDFOLK WIN!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And the lizardfolk are off to a slow start this cool Wednesday morning. Perhaps they will make a comeback as the day heats up.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
For me, Tabaxi are the closest thing D&D has to Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls series. (minus the whole phase of the moon determining birth deal that Khajiit have going on in ES)

They're also similar enough to Woem, a catfolk race I have in a homebrew setting, that I can update a lot of the old stuff I've written without doing a whole lot of work to convert to 5th. In a similar way, some of the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy stuff I have (which has catfolk) becomes easier to convert.

Others are

I didn't think about the Khajiit, that makes a bit of sense. And of course something like this is going to depend a lot on what's important in homebrew settings (I've run games where both the Kenku and Yuan-ti figured prominently).

Remove ads