• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SW Saga] Crime Lords are strong in the Force!

Particle_Man

Explorer
The Prestige Class Crime Lord lets you take a Talent every level. But if you have Force Sensitivity you can spend class talents on Force Talents found in Chapter 6. So a Jedi 3/Scout 1/Soldier 1/Noble 1/Scoundrel 1/Crime Lord 10/Force Adept 2/Jedi Knight 1 would have 17 Talents spendable on Forcey stuff (13 from chapter 6, the other 4 on various Jedi, Jedi Knight or Force Adept lists). You could sub in Jedi Master for Jedi Knight. Note that the Scoundrel level would spend its talent on a Crime Lord requirement, not a force talent.

If you were playing a bad guy, then you could squeeze in 18 force-like talents, by reducing Force Adept from 2 to 1, and then taking 1 level of Sith Apprentice (you could not replace Jedi Knight with Jedi Master here - also, obviously the order of class aquisition would be important: First Jedi Knight, then Sith Apprentice).

Arkhandus

First Post
Obviously, Yoda was secretly a big-time crime lord who only maintained a facade of Jedi Master-ing to hide his worlds-spanning crime ring. :p

Michael Tree

First Post
It's not all that great. Force Adepts, Sith Apprentices, and Jedi Knights get talents every odd level and force techniques every even level, and force techniques are almost all better than those generic force talents. Plus, they get even better PrC-specific talents.

Pagan priest

First Post
I like using the rules from Unearthed Arcana that allow the addition of fractions. You could have 3 classes, each going up at 3/4 so that a third level (say rogue 1 / cleric 1 / monk 1)would have a BAB of +2.25, instead of +0. I don't see why it could not work with the SWSE rules just as well.

Oh, and Yoda's food stealling? I think that was just the onset of senility, so just let grampa Yoda have the food bar, and we'll be sure to clean out his sock drawer later, while he's napping. :heh:

Remove ads