• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SW Saga] The Second K'ril Incursion (OOC) [RE-RECRUITING]

drothgery

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
I dropped his Int by one to raise his Wis by 2...I hope that is okay.

It would be, except that it doesn't quite work; unless my math is off (and I always was better at calculus than basic arithmatic), the stats you've got him at are impossible for a 30-point buy plus 4th and 8th level improvements. That's the only thing I noticed.

drothgery

First Post
Wintergypsy said:
Okay, i think i'm pretty much done statting Devan Ijatsi up to 8th level. I took one level Prestige Class in Ace Pilot; awarded ecessary reflex and fortitude bonusses, upped the skills by level, modfied both dexterity and charisma by 1 (according to 8th level-rules) and adjusted the rest accordingly.

Skills Initiative +12, Gather Information +12, Knowledge (bureaucracy, galactic lore, tactics) +12, Knowledge (technology) +17, Mechanics +17, Perception +11, Persuasion +17, Pilot +12, Use Computer +12

It looks like your modifiers on Dex and Cha skills are one too high (they're all listed as +12, and 1/2 level = +4; trained = +5 ; 15 dex/cha = +2, which gives a +11 by my math). Otherwise okay.

Wintergypsy

First Post
Okay, but isn't it +1 for 8th level improvements? There's a 2x raise a stat +1 bonus when characters get to 8th level. But if you don't want me applying that or something it's okay, but i'm just checking anyway.

drothgery

First Post
Wintergypsy said:
Okay, but isn't it +1 for 8th level improvements? There's a 2x raise a stat +1 bonus when characters get to 8th level. But if you don't want me applying that or something it's okay, but i'm just checking anyway.

Right, but you improve two stats by +1, not one stat by +2, and Devan's stats at 7th level were all even, so his modifiers aren't going to change from stat bonuses. So, for example, at 7th level in my writeup, he had a +10 initiative with a 14 dex. You've advanced him to 8th level (which improves the 1/2 level bonus from +3 to +4) and improved his dexterity from 14 to 15 (which doesn't change his dex modifier; it's still +2 until his dex gets to 16). Which means his initiative modifier goes from +10 (+3 level, +5 trained, +2 dex) to +11 (+4 level, +5 trained, +2 dex).

Wintergypsy

First Post
allrighty; so if i get it now, the skills involving Dex and Cha would be 1 lower right? But Cha and Dex would both still be +1 after the upgrade. OKay, then it's finished is suppose. Awaiting game start ;) .

drothgery

First Post
Please post your new/updated characters over in the
Rogue's Gallery thread. Wintergypsy, please pick a color to use for Devan (you can stick with the SandyBrown I was using if you'd like).

I probably won't actually re-start the game until next week, because I don't think I'll get everything together tonight & tomorrow night, and I'd rather not have the game be interrupted by the ENWorld 2 transition downtime (which is supposed to be this weekend, last time I checked).

(still could use one or two more people)

Zurai

First Post
Hey guys. Sorry for the long & unexplained absence. I won't go into the details unless someone really needs to know; suffice to say that real life was a total bitch for a while. That's all straightened out now, though. I see that you've recruited a replacement for me, drothgery; I have no real objections (nor any ground to stand on to make said objections). I would like to know if I could re-join the game, though, either re-taking control of Hawke or by taking control of another character. If you'd rather I not, that's fine; no hard feelings. Just let me know.

drothgery

First Post
Zurai said:
Hey guys. Sorry for the long & unexplained absence. I won't go into the details unless someone really needs to know; suffice to say that real life was a total bitch for a while. That's all straightened out now, though. I see that you've recruited a replacement for me, drothgery; I have no real objections (nor any ground to stand on to make said objections). I would like to know if I could re-join the game, though, either re-taking control of Hawke or by taking control of another character. If you'd rather I not, that's fine; no hard feelings. Just let me know.

Well, it's likely that I won't really have things moving again for a few more weeks (I'll try for next weekend, but the weekend after that my parents are going to be in town, and at some point the ENWorld 2 transition is going to hit).

My first choice would be for you to keep Hawke, but that's really not fair to ShaggySpellsword unless he's interested in running someone else.

Zurai

First Post
drothgery said:
My first choice would be for you to keep Hawke, but that's really not fair to ShaggySpellsword unless he's interested in running someone else.

Those were my thoughts as well. I would obviously prefer to keep Hawke, but it's not a big deal for me to give him up, either. If ShaggySpellsword would rather keep Hawke, I can work up one of the other replacement characters you mentioned.

Remove ads