• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[SW Saga] The Second K'ril Incursion (OOC) [RE-RECRUITING]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Zurai, by all means, keep your character. Feel free to look over my changes to him--you can keep the SotG changes I made if you want.

So, let me look over who is left...

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
So, I'm thinking about running the Republic Marine Corperal.

Any guidelines on what he should do/be?

Let me think about some options and ways to approack him and I will try and come up with something soon.

drothgery

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
So, I'm thinking about running the Republic Marine Corperal.

Any guidelines on what he should do/be?

Not really. He's definitely a human (or near-human that's not visibly differnt from standard human) male with an apparent age of no more than 23 or so, so he probably has an interesting backstory to be 8th level, and so probably isn't all-soldier. As a marine noncom, his military training and experience is in ground forces and boarding actions, not starship combat. He's not force sensitive (Kacela would have detected this). But other than that, have fun.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
drothgery said:
Not really. He's definitely a human (or near-human that's not visibly differnt from standard human) male with an apparent age of no more than 23 or so, so he probably has an interesting backstory to be 8th level, and so probably isn't all-soldier. As a marine noncom, his military training and experience is in ground forces and boarding actions, not starship combat. He's not force sensitive (Kacela would have detected this). But other than that, have fun.

[sblock=Secret questions!] Idea 1: What if he is a life-model droid created by someone for some purpose, enrolled in the Marines. 4th degree droid? This could give him many levels of training as part of his programming, also explaining his youthful looks. This is a rather unusual and non-traditional way of doing things...but if you like it, I'll go with it.

Idea 2: He's from a near-human race that visibally ages more slowly than other human, making him actually much older than he actually is. Due to long life-spans, his homeworld had to deal with constant fighting over resources. He grew up fighting in the constant wars. Eventually, his planet managed to develop interstellar travel, putting an end to the wars as many factions were able to leave the planet and go other places. He found work as a bounty hunter for a little while, but found that work rather distasteful, so he's recently signed up with the Republic military, doing what he'd always been trained to do: fight.

Which do you like better?[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
[sblock=Secret questions!] Idea 1: What if he is a life-model droid created by someone for some purpose, enrolled in the Marines. 4th degree droid? This could give him many levels of training as part of his programming, also explaining his youthful looks. This is a rather unusual and non-traditional way of doing things...but if you like it, I'll go with it.

Idea 2: He's from a near-human race that visibally ages more slowly than other human, making him actually much older than he actually is. Due to long life-spans, his homeworld had to deal with constant fighting over resources. He grew up fighting in the constant wars. Eventually, his planet managed to develop interstellar travel, putting an end to the wars as many factions were able to leave the planet and go other places. He found work as a bounty hunter for a little while, but found that work rather distasteful, so he's recently signed up with the Republic military, doing what he'd always been trained to do: fight.

Which do you like better?[/sblock]

[sblock]
Okay, I know I said 'have fun', but I'm not really keen on either of these. The former because, again, the force-sensitive PCs would have noticed; the latter because it's hard to picture a highly experienced soldier being only a corporal.
[/sblock]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=More Secrets!] Honestly, I wasn't super keen on the first one either, but it's tough to come up with a good explanaition...what if I added to the second idea a somewhat belligerant attitude that fairly recently got him severely demoted? His back-world ways and confidence in his abilities could come off as sarcasm and arrogance to a commanding officer...and that could have been a recipe for disaster...[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
I think I probably should have waited another month before trying to get things re-started. I'm not going to be able to next week due to my parents being in town over the weekend, and I'm still afraid of a momentum-killing 3 day run of downtime when ENWorld 2 finally goes live.

Wintergypsy

First Post
Don't worry about the downtime; just try to get things started after next week and we'll survive a 3-day lag if ever there is one ;)

But i think it's no use to be afraid & waiting for something of which you don't know when it's gonna take place ;) And i think that it might be better to just get started and not to wory about the downtime... But you're the GM of course, it's your call

Remove ads