• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swarm Master

Dandu

First Post
Let me show you a neat trick. Look at the Dark Speech feat from Hordes of the Abyss. Open the Book of Vile Darkness and turn to the part about Hive Minds. Now go to the SRD and look at what kinds of swarms you can summon. Figure out how many bats are in a bat swarm and see if you can't figure out where this post is headed.

kitcik

Adventurer
Let me show you a neat trick. Look at the Dark Speech feat from Hordes of the Abyss. Open the Book of Vile Darkness and turn to the part about Hive Minds. Now go to the SRD and look at what kinds of swarms you can summon. Figure out how many bats are in a bat swarm and see if you can't figure out where this post is headed.

That is an awesome trick.

We'll call that the "Ultimate PunPunish Swarm Master" and now move on to a regular "Swarm Master" which a DM might actually allow...

Gray Lensman

Explorer
@jonesy : So much so since I started here that I would like to fold him up, stick him in my wallet, and carry him everywhere...

I really have learned a lot from him AND the links he provides. Even tho he DOES keep referencing books I AIN'T GOT ;)

Now, back to out to our programming since some one else seems interested too!

Oh BTW, how many different posters do I have to give XP to before I can give to the same poster again?

Gray Lensman

Explorer
For instance MS I descrip says 1 summoned creature but when you look at the descrip for dire rat it says solitary or 11 to 20.

What would a "Swarm Master" need to summon 11 to 20 instead of a solitary creature?

Gray Lensman

Explorer
That is an awesome trick.

We'll call that the "Ultimate PunPunish Swarm Master" and now move on to a regular "Swarm Master" which a DM might actually allow...

I agree with [MENTION=98256]kitcik[/MENTION], been mostly a melee type not a spellcaster and don't know the spells that well, but it seems to me that a Swarm Summoner might be kinda cool. I know that the thaumaturgist PrC is a primo summoner but someone speciallizing in Swarms may be even better.

Even could have new feats allowing things not normally summoned in swarms to BE summoned that way.

One I am already thinking about is a Druid that can summom swarms.

A bee swarm may not inflict much damage per bite, but can bite even in the liitle gaps in full plate, distract causing AoO. And how in the 1134 do you defeat a swarm of bees with your great sword?

Just wondering mind you

Remove ads