(SWd20) The Robot Devil Made Me Do It! Futurama Droids

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Sweet zombie je[bleep]s! What have I done?

(Drops to her knees and gestures theatrically)

WHAT HAVE I DOOOOOOOONNNNEE?

lol

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Party ove here!

Sample Third Degree Droid: Hedonism Droid
Hedonism droids are an unusual form of protocol droid. They are most often employed by bored nobles and the petty rich to maintain a “party atmosphere” during gala events. Although hedonism droids easily become bored and don’t function well on their own, they excel at social interaction. They are programmed with a wide variety cultural data on various species, and in nearly any given social situation a hedonism droid will know what to say or do in order to improve the moods of those around it. If a party is becoming boring or none of the guests are interacting or are interacting negatively, a hedonism droid will detect this and try to steer the party back towards a positive atmosphere.

The standard model hedonism droid resembles an overweight humanoid reclining on a chaise lounge. They come in a variety of cheerful colors, but the most expensive ones are plated in precious metals — silver, platinum, and even gold.

Hedonism droids are prone to becoming blasé, and their personalities are usually more prissy and foppish than even the 3-PO protocol droids. They constantly look for “the next big thing” in order to keep their social database up to date on the latest crazes, party styles, and topics of conversation. Its constant search for new forms of entertainment lead it to become rapidly bored with its discoveries. The sad irony is that a droid specifically programmed to ease the boredom of organic creatures is often finds itself in a deep state of ennui.

A hedonism droid can be played as a droid hero.

Hedonism Droid: Walking protocol droid, Diplomat 1; Init +0 (Dex); Defense 10 (+0 class, +0 Dex); DR 0; Spd 10 m; VP/WP 0/12; Atk -1 melee (1d3-1, hand); SV Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +3; SZ M; Face/Reach 2 m by 2 m/2 m; Rep +0; Str 8, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16. Challenge Code A.

Equipment: 2 hands, comlink, heuristic processor, recording unit, translator unit (DC 20), vocabulator.

Skills: Diplomacy 4 ranks, Gather Information 3 ranks, Knowledge (alien species) 3 ranks, Knowledge (history) 3 ranks, Knowledge (politics) 3 ranks, Profession (party planner) 3 ranks, Sense Motive 4 ranks, Speak Basic

Unspent Skill Points: 0

Feats: Ambidexterity, Persuasive, Skill Emphasis (Sense Motive), Trustworthy

Last edited:

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Note: I also corrected some errors in the Bender unit. I was going to make it a 2nd level Expert, but decided not to. When I scaled it back to 1st level, I forgot to make changes to its attack bonus and Will save.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
wingsandsword said:
Remember that technically there are synthetic non-alcoholic fuels that are what are "supposed" to be consumed, like in the episode "Mother's Day" (what gets Bender to rip up the greeting-card-bot), and when he swore off alcohol in "Hell is Other Robots" he still had to be consuming fuel from somewhere.

Chemical Power Cells
To help them work on more primitive worlds away from ample power grids, the BD-1 was designed with an unusual power system. Its power cells convert liquid chemical fuels into its operational power. The factory recommends synthetic fuels specifically made for this purpose (in a quiet attempt to make more money by selling fuel for the droids in), but most droids (and their owners) find it is cheaper and just as effective to use alcoholic beverages.
A droid with Chemical Power Cells must consume one unit of fuel per day (an alcoholic drink or unit of synthetic fuel) or suffer 1d4 points of Charisma, Wisdom and Dexterity damage due to "starvation". This damage is restored once fuel is consumed, but cannot be repaired until the droid is refueled.
BD-1 units that are suffering from lack of fuel are noted for developing a characteristic rust around their vocabulator plate. Many BD-1 units with negative personality quirks use their consumption of alcohol as an excuse for their poor behavior.

Thats the stuff! Good job!

Remove ads