(SWd20) The Robot Devil Made Me Do It! Futurama Droids

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Thanks! :)

Someone else requested stats for a Robot Devil, but even though I am writing these with in-jokes for Futurama fans and my tongue firmly in cheek, I am also writing them seriously enough that they could actually be used in a game. With that in mind, I'm having a hard time coming up with a function for the robot devil ... why would such a thing be made? What would its primary function be?

Hmm ... I'm working on it ... perhaps it could be a form of protocol droid secretly fielded by the Sith. It is tasked not only with the standard duties of a protocol droid, but also with tempting people to the Dark Side with subtle insinuations and suggestions. But the question is ... why would the Sith bother with a droid for that?

AmorphousBlob

First Post
Well, I was watching "Return of the Jedi" today just for the heck of it, and I was watching the scene where they're bringing Artoo and Threepio into the droidworks at Jabba's palace, and I was wondering what the droid they were talking to was for. He seemed like an administator droid or something, and upon reading the last few posts, the thought occurred to me that he could easily be the Star Wars version of the Robot Devil. Seriously, he seemed like a really rotten dude that, if you parodied him, would easily turn into Beezlebot.

AmorphousBlob said:
Well, I was watching "Return of the Jedi" today just for the heck of it, and I was watching the scene where they're bringing Artoo and Threepio into the droidworks at Jabba's palace, and I was wondering what the droid they were talking to was
EV-9D9, the EV series were labor supervisor droids built by MerenData, but the entire EV line had a serious glitch with its personality matrix that made it become outright sadistic and abusive as a taskmaster over time. The entire line was recalled and a revised EV-II series was made, but many EV remained in the field. Quietly some were slightly modified into torture droids and slave overseers in the Outer Rim.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Blob .. If you have the Arms and Equipment Guide, it has stats for the EV series droids. :)

But ... the "robot devil" droid having originally been an interrogator droid ... not a bad angle.

I guess I'll have to write him up now, too. lol

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Darn... that's one of the few SWd20 books I hadn't picked up yet. Al these Star Wars threads (and reading through the Jedi Counseling archives) has me itching for it now.

Arms & Equipment Guide, you shall be mine.

Remove ads