• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Swords and Socialites Part 1: The Forgotten Forge

Zweischneid

First Post
-- OoC --​
Well, the meeting at the Broken Anvil was scheduled at midnight, though we've been a bit early. Assuming we've spend a bit of time negotiating and drinking it would now be an hour or two into the next day....

..which kinda brings up the question if there's some way to measure time in Sharn other than following the path of sun, moon & stars which would be rather difficult in a city of towers on a rainy night.

Erekose13

Explorer
Koren takes the coins and nods to the Lady. "We shall return with your heirloom and find out who would kill to find it." With that he exits with the others.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
The four of you leave the Broken Anvil. When you get outside, you realise that the rain has somewhat stopped. Judging by what sky you can see, and the amount of people roaming the streets, you estimate that it is a few hours before the appointed midnight meeting time.

OOC: If the four of you want to go to your respective dwelling places to rest at this point, or buy key supplies with your cash advance, now is the time to discuss it amongst yourselves, and tell me what you want to do. If you would rather go ahead with your adventure, tell me that as well.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think it best to find what supplies we need now, if everyone needs some time to relax I have enough space for us all in my apartments. What supplies do we need? Light and rope has already been mentioned." says Koren after having exited the inn.

Karl Green

First Post
Grim, dwarf fighter

Grim burps loudly and says "On a bit of excersie this night, I be ready to get them supplies and get down into them caves... might finally get me a good night sleep in the comfortable surrounds and a good solid wall over me head..."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Alright then, I'm not feeling very tired now anyways. Let's grab those things from the market and see if we can't find this foundry this evening. In any case I am glad that the rain has stopped, it always seems like it never will." says Koren, really not up to sleeping yet given the day that they have had.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Part 2: Into the Depths!

((OOC I've waited what I feel is a fair amount of time for X-mas break and so I am going to get this moving along. At the beginning of each of your next posts I expect to see a list of what supplies you bought and the money for them crossed off of your character sheet. If I don't hear from all of you within a week, I will likely replace you. I'm not mad, just eager. I felt it was going well before. Hope you enjoy!))

The four of you travel back up to the Bazaar level to purchase your supplies, finding vendors of pretty much anything you need. After you conclude your shopping, you start to follow the map that Lady Elaydren gave to you. You quickly find the Dorasharn tower and begin travelling down it's levels. The tunnels and corridors at this level of the tower are narrow and dark. An occasional window slit looks out upon the crowded walls and foundations of other towers, and infrequently placed torches sputter here and there, giving off pallid pools of light and clouds of smoke. Even so, rough and dirty people crowd the narrow corridors, and the smell of sweat and sewage permeates the stale air.
One tunnel opens onto a large chamber, where a mix of goblins, humans, and shifters gather around a small pile of garbage spread across three rotting blankets. One of the goblins shouts "No pushing! No Pushing! There's always enough for everyone at the Rat's Market!"

Karl Green

First Post
Grimm, dwarven fighter

ShaggySpellsword said:
((OOC I've waited what I feel is a fair amount of time for X-mas break))

(occ ops sorry...Grimm stuff...
extra 50ft of Hemp rope (10lbs) +1gp
two hooded lanterns (2lbss each/4lbs) +14gp
four flaks of oil (4lbs) +4sp
total wt. 105lb (still Medium), spent an extra 15gp and 4sp (remaining gold 27gp, 5sp and 8cp)
/occ)

Grimm snears in disgust at the goblins and others shifting through the trash "Well lets move on shall we?"

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: here you go:
50ft Hemp Rope (10lbs) -1gp
5 sunrods (5lbs) -10gp
Travelers Outfit (n/a) -1gp
total wt. 38lbs, now Medium, speed 20', spent: 12gp; remaining cut of 10pp (we each get 25gp immediately to add too)]

Koren wrinkles his nose at the foul odors, he had never been enamored with the detritus of society and while such a large city had its obvious benefits, he would never get used to seeing the byproducts of such excess. "Indeed, lets."

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
As the four of you do your shopping in the busy marketplace, you lose track of each other. When you come to meet at the appointed place, Haramir and Lin are nowhere to be found. You finally find a note posted to the wall near your meeting place. It simply said "Gone with the big guy to have some fun...we'll see you later and maybe we can get to that whole journal thing. Don't find me, I'll find you-Lin."

Remove ads